• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Partner(s) Sought - Sci-Fi Novel WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus196

Aspiring Wannabe
Registered
Reaction score
UPDATE: I found a writing group to participate in, so I should be all squared away. Thanks :)

Hey, all!

I'm looking for a critique partner (or two) to swap chapters and feedback on works in progress on an ongoing basis.

A little bit about my writing. I'm a new writer (but I take this effort seriously) with a single novel WIP at around 20K words at the moment - sci-fi with a strong love story arc. I write at a pace of about 300 words a day, so ideally, I'd like to swap chapters with one or two folks every week or two so we can share constructive feedback and overall impressions with each other.

I'm open to reading sci fi, fantasy, horror, thrillers, and maybe more, depending on the work (no non-fiction, though).

If this sounds like something you might be interested in, please feel free to hit me up :)

Kerry

PS - I realized I probably should include some specifics about my WIP so you have a general idea what you're getting into. Here's a tiny excerpt that should convey the basic idea:

“It’s hard to believe there are actually people - people living out there right now - who used to be nothing more than one of these files,” Ivory said, looking at the data as if she could see their faces among the sequences of numbers that filled the photoscreen.

Bryce knew he should avoid this line of conversation altogether – it was too dangerous, but he found himself curious. Picking his words with care, he said, “You’re talking about those retreads, right? Someone cloned using their genome and imprinted with their own neuromap?”

“I hear they prefer the term ‘continued’ to ‘retread,’ but yes,” Ivory said, turning toward him. “They say it’s like they picked up their lives right where they left off before they died. Have you ever met one?”

“How would I know? They don’t look any different from anyone else do they? Have you?”

“No. But I...have a friend who did. Once.”

“Really? I thought only a handful were allowed out of stasis before the Matheson Act put a stop to continuance.”

Ivory leaned in closer then, her voice just above a whisper. “No, not them. I was talking about one of the other ones. An illegal.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.