PDA

View Full Version : Grounds for Rejection

LittleFlowerLei
07-29-2009, 03:12 AM
I recently had a majorly brainless moment (about ten minutes ago xD ) where I queried an agent and forgot to paste in the first 10 pages of my manuscript (Like the submission guidelines wanted me to)

and what I want to know is: Would the agent reject me for that?

I'm thinkin she probably will, so I'm gonna go out and find another person to send the query too. But I just want to be sure.

fairy86
07-29-2009, 03:18 AM
I recently had a majorly brainless moment (about ten minutes ago xD ) where I queried an agent and forgot to paste in the first 10 pages of my manuscript (Like the submission guidelines wanted me to)

and what I want to know is: Would the agent reject me for that?

I'm thinkin she probably will, so I'm gonna go out and find another person to send the query too. But I just want to be sure.

No, I don't think so. I've forgotten to attach pages before and I've gotten requests. If they like the premise, they'll probably request. :)

LittleFlowerLei
07-29-2009, 03:19 AM
No, I don't think so. I've forgotten to attach pages before and I've gotten requests. If they like the premise, they'll probably request. :)

Hopefully that'll be the case ^_^'

My friend suggested I re-send it, but I told him that it would probably just make things worse. lol

triceretops
07-29-2009, 03:58 AM
They'll request on a snappy premise. I'll just add another email move on their part. Such things happen.

tri

Erin
07-29-2009, 05:06 AM
I did that once and the agent requested a 50-page partial! I'd wait and see if the agent responds in a timely manner. If no response in 2 months, send it again with the pages attached--unless it's an agent with a "no-response is a rejection" policy.