Revisions question?

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
So, I'm just curious. Is it bad form (once you've landed an agent) to request they give you their notes for revisions electronically rather than handwritten? I ask because I'm visually impaired and trying to read handwriting is a pain in the butt (not saying everyone's handwriting is crap but yeah...easier on the eyes if its printed). So yeah...any experiences would be greatly appreciated. I just don't want to muck things up with any potential agents by making unreasonable requests.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
If you explain that you're visually impaired and ask nicely for e-mailed notes, they shouldn't have a problem with you. If they don't want to accommodate your impairment, then you probably don't want to work with them.

RainbowDragon

Perpetuous Revisasaurus
Registered
Reaction score
It's not unreasonable to ask them to accommodate you any more than it'd be unreasonable to ask an employer to make such accommodations. If an agent makes an offer, mention it to them then as you explained it here.

It really shouldn't be a deal-breaker if they like your work enough to offer to represent you. A lot of agents prefer to correspond electronically anyway. Maybe start with those who only accept e-queries.

Good luck!

RoseColoredSkies

It's a long and winding road
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sarah-biglow.com
Thanks to both of you.

Yeah I'm only subbing (initially) to agents who accept e-queries. I'm hoping to get some bites in those initial batches. So we'll se what happens. I'm looking forward to the process, well sort of.