Call of Duty 6: Modern Warfare 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
So, I finally beat COD4 on the hardest difficulty, which is nice, cause it took me the better half of a year.

I really really loved the game, with its frenetic action, exciting plotline, characters I gave two shakes about, and IT WAS NOT WORLD WAR TWO FOR GODS SAKES

Which was nice!

So, now I hear they're making Modern Warfare 2...anyone know anything else beyond that its going to be more of the same?

Which...in this case is actually pretty nice, cause "The same" in this case is bleeding awesome.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
So, I finally beat COD4 on the hardest difficulty, which is nice, cause it took me the better half of a year.
That's actually impressive.
So, now I hear they're making Modern Warfare 2...anyone know anything else beyond that its going to be more of the same?
Yes.

Trailer and screenshots here

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
In COD4 after the credits roll what did ya'll think of the Air Force One type level??? It seemed a little too easy to me. It was cool though. But I still say my favorite parts of the game were when you were Ghillied Up. All too often a game'll give you a good sniper rifle and occasionally even the ability to go prone, but it's rare that they actually focus on what it might be like to be part of a sniper team. I sure hope there's more of that in Modern Warfare 2. Got that baby preordered, so needless to say I can't wait.

What are some other games on 360 that have similar sniper storyline arcs? Just curious. Preemptive thanks for any suggestions.

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
In COD4 after the credits roll what did ya'll think of the Air Force One type level??? It seemed a little too easy to me. It was cool though.
It was cool.
Partly because, after the Big and sprawling levels through the game, it was refreshing to have just a little run'n'gun to finish with. :)

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to pass on COD6:MW2, mostly because I'm just not a huge FPS fan. So far this generation the only FPS games I've gone out and bought have been Killzone 2 (obligatory graphics whore purchase) and Bioshock (obligatory I'm a Kevine Levine fanboy purchase).

The fact that Levine's not actually working on Bioshock 2 has already put it on my "Maybe if I'm in the mood one day and find it on discount" rather than Must Buy list.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
What really ticks me off is Call of Duty 5

"Hey guys, infinity ward just made a creative, exciting FPS, and it was immensely popular due to it being creative, with a fairly good plot, and no longer set in WWII...what should we do?"

"uuuuh...set...set Call of Duty 5 in World War 2 again?"

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!"

RocketFoot

Yep, that's me!
Registered
Reaction score
What really ticks me off is Call of Duty 5

"Hey guys, infinity ward just made a creative, exciting FPS, and it was immensely popular due to it being creative, with a fairly good plot, and no longer set in WWII...what should we do?"

"uuuuh...set...set Call of Duty 5 in World War 2 again?"

"YOU'RE A GENIUS!"
The only thing I REALLY like about COD5 is Nazi Zombies! Shi No Numa on map pack 2 rocks!

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Not even the Nazi Zombies are enough to remind me that, hey, we're in WWII again, leave all creativity at the door.

If we're going to fight WWII again, at least do something cool with it.

Like...steal ideas from a Harry Turtledove book!

Or...

Steal ideas from a Harry Turtledove book!

S.C. Denton

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Yeah, I haven't played it, but it seems to me like they were just trying to captilize and forgot that they'd be screwing over their hardcore fans. I've always liked COD but for WWII battles I preferred Medal of Honor everytime.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Now, my question is, is it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Or is it just Modern Warfare 2?

Or is it just

Call of Duty 6?

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Now, my question is, is it Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Or is it just Modern Warfare 2?

Or is it just

Call of Duty 6?

It's officially Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

Activision was briefly toying with the idea of just going straight up with Modern Warfare 2, but marketing paranoia prevailed and they decided keeping the COD association would bolster brand recognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.