A Fifty-Year Love Affair

Reaction score
Link here.

Apparently I'm a softie at heart. *sniff*

I no longer travel, because it was her pleasure that I experienced as we moved around the world - it was her excitement and her enthusiasm.

It is possible to have two lives. I know because I have had two.

The first began in 1928, and is still going. My second life began in 1951 when I met Rosemary, and it ended 51 years later. Rosemary was my second life.

Today I still breathe, I still love and enjoy our vast family, and even though time would be easier to cope with had I never found such love, I still live.

I am back in my first life, and life's lustre has gone, but that does not depress me too much, because I anticipate flames rekindling when I depart.

I can die with that, because when I go through that door, you know who I mean to join.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I've got cat fur in mine.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
And that is how I feel about my children. My life really began the day my daughter was born. Tonight, all my children have grown and moved on. I'm back at my first life.

What a beautiful man to feel that way about his wife. God bless him.

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
How beautiful and sad.:cry:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
SP, you are not allowed to show your soft side any more. It is disturbing the status quo.

I did not realize until reading this how lucky I was to lose my soul mate after 10 years of marriage. Though the divorce destroyed me and caused me to totally recreate myself, how much worse would it have been if the time together had of been greater. I owe you, SP. Thank you.

Alpha Echo

I should be writing.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow. I am such a hopeless romantic, and that was one of the most beautiful real life love stories I've ever heard (read). I'm surprised you were the one to share it with us, scarlet, but thank you. :tongue:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I must now watch a violent film and drink a lot to prove I'm a man and not a big girl's blouse.

Reaction score
Wrestly a bear, seun. Or...*sniff*

No, it's no use. SP has a heart. Damn it.