• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta for Stories Ending, a mental health/coming of age saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

sveltskye

likes turtles
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for a beta (or two if I happen to get more than one response) for my novel, Stories Ending. It is a little tricky to place genre wise, but I like to say its part coming of age, part mental illness, and part family saga. Here is the description, copied from my newbie thread:

Stories Ending is told through the eyes of the three daughters in a family, mainly through the middle daughter but in a few chapters through the eldest and youngest daughters as well. When the story begins the middle daughter, my main protagonist, has been in a car crash and comes home from college to recover from injuries. She has an older half sister, who became an addict when she was a teen and ran away with her boyfriend, but has since recovered. My protagonist hasn't seen her in 14 years, but she found her address and they exchanged a couple of letters, and when she gets in a fight with her parents she leaves to find her sister.
Her sister's neighbor turns out to be a novelist. As she gets to know her sister he begins coaching her on a story she is writing and they get involved in the beginnings of a romance. This is when the story starts getting trippy as she starts believing that her main characters are real in some kind of alternate dimension, and progressively goes further and further off the deep end, eventually landing in the hospital. It explores some issues about mental illness, as well as raising philosophical questions about the nature of life and themes of art imitating life and vice versa.

The first chapter is here, on the SYW forum:

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3851535#post3851535

Status
Not open for further replies.