Where do your thoughts come from?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writersliving

Registered
Reaction score
Everybody thinks different about thoughts about writing. Or for that matter where they come from! some people think it best to be alone. Others don't

my thoughts about be a relashonshipwriter. come from seeing so many relashonship and the promblems in it. plus reading other book like it. where do your thoughts come from in whatever your trying write?:idea: :idea:

Sonarbabe

Working In A Coal Mine...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sonarbabe.com
Like, Vote_Bot, mine come partially through observation. Watching people on the street. (See that guy talking on his cell phone? I wonder who he's talking to? His broker who just informed him that his stocks plummeted or perhaps his girlfriend who's just informed him that he's about to be a daddy. Stuff like that) Also, with my husband being a submariner with the Navy, there are a lot of lonely nights for me, so I think up all sorts of romantic thoughts and jot them down. Hey, since I'm not being wined and dined, might as well let my characters experience what I'm missing. ;)

Akuma

Rare Writer Pokemon
Registered
Reaction score
Ditto.

Where the ideas and details for my stories come out, however, is when I'm laying in bed trying to sleep. This is frustrating as I want to sleep but I know I should write down the idea or else I'll forget about it in the morning -_-

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
So far most of my ideas have actually been inspired by a place. I'll see something and pretty soon something will pop into my head...for example, I was on vacation in Colorado and saw a small rundown house and a barn and bam! Suddenly the story was in my head and I had to write it down...I've gotten two novels from that with a third still in my head. Two weeks ago, my family and I went to stay at a cabin on a river and now it's the setting for my latest romantic thriller and the words are flowing at about 3000 per day!

StoryG27

Miss Behave
Registered
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I'm weird, but my ideas come at very innconvenient moments when the last thing I'm concentrating on is a twisting plot and an involving story line, and usually, romance is very far from my mind. Then I'm always struggeling to find a pen to jot it down while my son is trying to surf the moving counter at the check out and my daughter is trying to make her vocal debut over the loud speaker. It has nothing to do with what I'm doing. Usually, if I try to force inspiration, it runs and hides. If I'm too busy to process it, it hits me over the head. Bascially, if you're like me, trying to force yourself to come up with a creative idea is like banging your head against a brick wall. If you draw a blank, feed your creative well (read, hike, watch old movies, connect with old friends) and soon you'll have a story bursting out of your head and onto your computer. Works for me!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.