A whole new definition for 'wedding party'.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least YouTube has made it easier for people to get their 15 minutes of fame.

I have to say this beats some twenty-year-old doing a cover of Layla with an air guitar.

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the laugh. Needed it today.

Then again, it doesn't make my own thoughts for a wedding seem so weird anymore. :D

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
1.6 million views. Holy.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Already saw this this morning on one of the morning shows.

Cool. Different.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
This is so cool. Thanks for the link.

I am so glad to see the young folks put the joy back into weddings. This and the others that have started showing up are great. If They were doing this kind of stuff back 40 years ago....I would have done one too. Good, clean laughs.

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
How did I miss this? it's even a whole half hour before my thread on the topic...

Yeah - and you said people thought it blasphemous and offensive. Er...WTF? Your wedding is personal to you, so personalise it. How is that blasphemous?

And I bet that one'll be remembered for a few years. Looks like the kind of wedding I like - everyone enjoys themselves in celebration. What's wrong with that?

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Phooey on anyone who thought *that* was blasphemous! I don't even know those people (obviously), and watching that made me very happy for them. Weddings are supposed to be about joy, about love. It's a celebration -- and if you aren't happy enough to dance, I don't know why you would be getting married in the first place, honestly. Sure, it's an important ceremony for a lot of people, but, well, geeze, why does it have to be so damned stuffy and formal? Did anyone see the faces of the people in the pews? They were all smiling. I like that ever so much more than tears and forced solemnity.

Why should wedding receptions get all the fun stuff?

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Phooey on anyone who thought *that* was blasphemous! I don't even know those people (obviously), and watching that made me very happy for them. Weddings are supposed to be about joy, about love. It's a celebration -- and if you aren't happy enough to dance, I don't know why you would be getting married in the first place, honestly. Sure, it's an important ceremony for a lot of people, but, well, geeze, why does it have to be so damned stuffy and formal? Did anyone see the faces of the people in the pews? They were all smiling. I like that ever so much more than tears and forced solemnity.

Why should wedding receptions get all the fun stuff?

did someone call it blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dancing and celebrating??? that's what it is all about. dancing is touching god.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
did someone call it blasphemy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dancing and celebrating??? that's what it is all about. dancing is touching god.

Apparently, some folks are making their disapproval known in the comments. It's "inappropriate for church", etc. Blasphemous I haven't yet seen (Ben Bradley mentioned it in his OP) and I'm not going to go through every comment to find it. 'Sides, it'd be buried under all the well-wishers who DID approve. :D

It made me cry happy tears, I gotta say, and I wish them all the best.

ETA: Looks like those comments might've gotten blanked. GOOD.

Last edited: