Status
Not open for further replies.

WriteRead

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
dan-skies.blogspot.com
Being pregnant w my 18 (eighteen) submissions waiting period time, I would jump on the mailbox everyday, since the 17th of June, as I did when young and foolish to see if she wrote to me.

Well, I saw somep'n in the mailbox today and yes, there it was, my first Rejection.

And the details are as follows:

- Story - "Oh!..." (found in "Share my work" in the general section);

- Publication - The Paris Review;

- Type of R - A stinky li'l slip, w/o glory and w/o future and I mean little!! I measured it! 5 1/2 x 3 (");

- Message of R - Two lines containing the usual "thank you" blah + the usual "we regret" one; They took the time to assure me they're sincere, having it ended w the usual "Yours sincerely", "The Editor".

This (and I know that it won't scare anyone, :) ) IS, WAS and WILL be the last time I make my Rejes public, I vow this to myself. Life must go on and from now on, I vow to acknowledge ONLY Acceptions.

17 more to wait and till mid-Oct to do it and I plan to send an indefinite, endless no of subs till then. Plenty of markets out there. Okay. No big deal. They don't have the faintest idea what they're losing, ha-ha!! I bought artificial nails, just in case, and looked for artificial nailers addresses. I also have a lot of dark chocs, Dove Promises, darn it! Sorry, don't drink!...

Hold fingers for me, won't you?

Dan

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:popcorn: ...would a hug help?....((((((((((YOU))))))))

Status
Not open for further replies.