PDA

View Full Version : Hell why not. I made one too.

lucidzfl
07-21-2009, 10:38 PM
I haven't played with the graphics or colors yet. I'll do that eventually.

I've been wanting somewhere to store my recipes for ages, so this will give me something to do in my desparate writers block periods.

I plan to have writing excerpts, recipes, and some travel crap on there.

Whatcha guys think?

http://lucidzrecipes.blogspot.com/

Update: Changed the url to another one. I now manage 3 blogs. I enjoy the cooking one the most, so there you go.

Tiz_Mee
07-21-2009, 11:14 PM
"mouthsex"--uh huh. (smiles) Nice blog.

lucidzfl
07-21-2009, 11:18 PM
"mouthsex"--uh huh. (smiles) Nice blog.

I'm very passionate about cooking :)

Tiz_Mee
07-21-2009, 11:29 PM
I'm very passionate about cooking :)

I can only "cook" something that is frozen or comes in a box. I bow to anyone who can make a potato into "mouthsex". mmm.

veinglory
07-22-2009, 06:08 AM
Nice. I would suggest increasing the saturation and brightness of your food pics.

Michael J. Hoag
07-22-2009, 06:17 AM
Nice. I would suggest increasing the saturation and brightness of your food pics.

Great advice to which I'll add: lighting, lighting, lighting. Especially on the header.

Otherwise, nice irreverent foodie read.

Michael J. Hoag
07-22-2009, 06:19 AM
And interesting recipes too.

lucidzfl
07-22-2009, 06:45 AM
And interesting recipes too.

Thank you for the comments. I really appreciate it :)

I cook some kind of complicated meal probably 3-4 times a week and I've often complained that the recipes are in my head and I never organize them. Of course I have notepads and have tried to create recipe books but its always failed.

So I decided to use this as a way of tracking what I do. If you notice, I link offsite to my own personal recipe so that when I need to look it up myself, I have an index.

I probably have over 100 original recipes to put up there, hence why I put 3 up in one day.

As Bourdain says, I'm not sure I agree with the concept of a foodie, but I definitely fit the profile :)

EDIT:
Btw the header is head of beef tenderloin, butterflied and wrapped around a blue cheese mixture, seared then roasted. :)

I haven't posted that recipe yet, but I have 6 pictures detailing the process. heh.

pmadams
07-22-2009, 03:10 PM
I like it! I like the content and the style!

lucidzfl
07-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks pmadams :)

Michael J. Hoag
07-22-2009, 11:22 PM
I like to play with these things... Maybe like this?

http://idisk.mac.com/luckymortal/Public/contrast_and_saturation.jpg

Maybe I overdid it? And nothing can beat good lighting to start with. You'll never get a natural color back in that wine....

Michael J. Hoag
07-23-2009, 12:09 AM
Oops, my .jpg kept disappearing.

Here's the original:

Instead of:

http://tnh1.businessnetonline.com/pics/food/stuffed/6.jpg

lucidzfl
07-23-2009, 01:06 AM
I like to play with these things... Maybe like this?

http://idisk.mac.com/luckymortal/Public/contrast_and_saturation.jpg

Maybe I overdid it? And nothing can beat good lighting to start with. You'll never get a natural color back in that wine....

Thanks so much for the advice. I'll be honest, I never set out taking pictures of the food to show it off. More because we liked having our own memories of it.

I just simply happen to have a lot of pics we took which I can use for my blog.

I have a full lighting suite so, even though my wife will probably give me a "wtf are you doing" look. I'll remember to light things properly from now on.

Michael J. Hoag
07-23-2009, 01:52 AM
Lol, Lucidz in the kitchen: "come on baby, yeah! Pose for me baby..."

lucidzfl
07-23-2009, 02:13 AM
Lol, Lucidz in the kitchen: "come on baby, yeah! Pose for me baby..."

Oh, you better believe if I posted pics like that, I'd get some traffic.

My wife is cute, don't know what she's doing with me lol.

Regardless, those pics are in my personal folders ;)

errantruth
07-23-2009, 02:31 AM
There's only one huge problem with this blog, based on my careful analysis. I want to eat half of it. Immediately. If you stop updating for even a day, people may die. As in, I might be out of a recipe to lust over. Ergo, you cannot stop once you start. I think that's my only warning. So think carefully on it.

*sigh* (No-one listens to my dire warnings.)

lucidzfl
07-23-2009, 03:26 AM
There's only one huge problem with this blog, based on my careful analysis. I want to eat half of it. Immediately. If you stop updating for even a day, people may die. As in, I might be out of a recipe to lust over. Ergo, you cannot stop once you start. I think that's my only warning. So think carefully on it.

*sigh* (No-one listens to my dire warnings.)

Well. Then don't look now. I put up our mac n cheese recipe.

I really need to put up the seared lamb chops with my merlot/balsamic/brandy sauce but its going to be like 20 steps and take at least an hour to write. So I'm putting it off :(

DavidZahir
09-02-2009, 03:56 PM
I think you might find the recipes just a little easier to read if you used some formatting options like italics.