Question for RJK: LE response procedural help please!

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
RJK:

My question pertains to LE repsonse to a report of an intruder (via 911 call from sole resident). Can you walk me through the response/procedures from the time LE responds to the call? I'm hoping to incorporate the detective who is working the rape-murder investigation (below).... :)

Background: there have been 2 rape-murders in the area (during previous 2 week time period). Resident has subdued intruder - with magic (no weapon, etc.). He's unconcious when she dials 911 and remains so until LE enters residence...

Sorry if this sounds far-fetched... thanks for the help.

Horseshoes

lisapreston.com
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisapreston.com
Dispatch tells the caller to step out of the house.
At least two officers enter, preferably w/ a pooch, and contact the suspect.
If he's still unconscious, they bring in the paramedics, paramedics take him to le hospital.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Horseshoes!
How many units (on average) would respond in such a situation? ----it's an incorporated town w/police force and incident occurs btwn 0200 - 0300.

RJK

Sheriff Bullwinkle the Poet says:
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but I've had a house full of grandkids. Assuming the police have no magic powers, they would send a primary unit and a backup unit. Once the scene is secured by the patrol officers, they would call for a supervisor. the supervisor would determine whether detectives or CSI are needed at the scene. It is possible the the uniformed officers would just take the intruder into custody, based on a sworn statement of the victim.
I hope that helps.

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry it's taken so long to reply, but I've had a house full of grandkids. Assuming the police have no magic powers, they would send a primary unit and a backup unit. Once the scene is secured by the patrol officers, they would call for a supervisor. the supervisor would determine whether detectives or CSI are needed at the scene. It is possible the the uniformed officers would just take the intruder into custody, based on a sworn statement of the victim.
I hope that helps.

Thank you, RJK! That helps a lot. And no, the police don't have any magic powers (this time). :)

Rabe

the living dead
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you, Horseshoes!
How many units (on average) would respond in such a situation? ----it's an incorporated town w/police force and incident occurs btwn 0200 - 0300.

What size is the town?

That'll change a lot. My town (okay, not where I'm 'working' now), you'd be extremely lucky to see a detective drive through to go to a major town, much less come up to do detective work. UNLESS a major crime had actually occurred rather than just threatened.

That's actually quite true for the county seat as well.

Rabe...

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
What size is the town?

That'll change a lot. My town (okay, not where I'm 'working' now), you'd be extremely lucky to see a detective drive through to go to a major town, much less come up to do detective work. UNLESS a major crime had actually occurred rather than just threatened.

That's actually quite true for the county seat as well.

Rabe...

Hello, Rabe!
Population in July 2008: 39,641.
Population change since 2000: +40.0%

Males: 19,472
sg.gif
(49.1%)
Females: 20,169
sg3.gif
(50.9%)​

Median resident age:
sg4.gif