Oneword.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

horror_fan90

Registered
Reaction score
Hey, just found oneword.com , have yall seen it? pretty awesome. You have sixty seconds to freewrite on a word they give you. Today's word was "snap" and this is what i came up with in a minute

"The man was sitting at his desk. The day was passing by quickly, and he dreaded going home. He could hear the "snap" in his mind and it caused a shudder to flow up his spine. Clara, she was gone, just like that. Some burgular, why it happened, he would never know. "I don't need this!" he screamed and fell down on his knees bawling. There he began to pray, but it was too late. The man had already come in, the perpetrator; he came up behind John and there was one last "snap!" All was gone, all is lost. His life served no purpose, but it would have. "Snap" so memorable to the town's people. "

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
Horror Fan, this post about oneword.com has the feel of spam about it, particularly because it is advertising another website and is an off-topic post in an existing thread. I also know you and Mistook exchanged posts the other day about a post of yours appearing to be spam, so I'm getting the sense that you are intentionally poking at Mistook by placing this in a thread started by him.

In your initial post in the Newbie forum, you stated you are 14, so I will cut you a little slack and just split your most recent post about oneword.com out and move it to the appropriate forum. Please don't try to push Mistook's (or anyone else's) buttons and I think you will get along just fine here. Understood?

horror_fan90

Registered
Reaction score
Understood I believe. I wasn't trying to get Mistook mad, that was a misunderstanding, I posted it in that wrong forum yesterday. I apologized about it. As for this, I didn't think anyone would mind if I posted the oneword.com thing in here (or there, whichever one it is/was), I saw someone post something about it somewhere else off-topic, so i figured yall were not that strict. Im sorry, why do I have to be so stupid? a few days here and im already screwing up my reputation.

screenwriter

Registered
Reaction score
Stuff

One word rules! If it is SPAM or something that sucks but what a great idea that I've never thought of ... Just take one word and start writing about ... it's really freed up my writers block ... takes the pressure off of coming up with something witty ... an idea spawned from one word ... it rules! Or at least the idea does

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Argh!

My brain is seriously not working today. I got the word "FIRE" and totally blanked out. Oh, well.

As forum mod, I think this fits in with the purpose of the board, that is, getting people to write.

If you'd like to try it, here's the link:

http://oneword.com/

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
I'm closing this thread because there are now two of them. I've stickied the other one so folks can link to the site, and write, write, write...

Status
Not open for further replies.