Are fat people expensive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario D.

Anyone know what it's like living with fat people, and how much more expensive they are, generally, than normal/thin people?
Update: I'm doing research... this being the research section.

A few specific questions:

-In hot places, do they require air-conditioning to run for longer periods of time? Do they also complain of being hot sooner than thin people?
-Do some of them ever eat more than 3 meals a day, or just snack constantly, in large (expensive) amounts?
-Do they noticeably get more health problems than thin members of the family? (statistically, yes, but can you notice this?)
-Anyone know if driving with extra weight in the car consumes significantly more gas?
-Why do fat people walk out of fast-foods with 5-gallon tubs of soda? :tongue (sorry, just had to. It is a great mystery of science)

Talking mostly about actual "fat" people, not "slightly overweight" people.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
They are called obese.

Dario D.

Excuse me while I get a bucket o' popcorn...
:popcorn:
Haha, +1. Somehow, I think this is going to be a great thread.

Edit: oh, wait, now I can't tell if you mean you're fat, or this is going to be an interesting discussion.

Last edited:

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know? I was scratching my head here, trying to decide if this is serious, or if you are bored...and I think you are serious.

And I have several hypothesis I was considering posting about your age, and gender, and parentage...and what a drain on society I believe those of sub-average intelligence and social skills are...but instead...

:e2cookie:
(not really in the mood for popcorn)

ETA: Very nice link mscelina. :)

Last edited:

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Haha, +1. Somehow, I think this is going to be a great thread.

Edit: oh, wait, now I can't tell if you mean you're fat, or this is going to be a fun thread.

If you think it's going to be a fun thread, then it is my humble opinion that you're in for more than some helpful advice. Are you perhaps looking forward to making fun of obese people?

If you have questions for character development, etc...fine. Ask and hopefully they'll be answered. But FUN? I don't think that's why we ask research questions here. I could be wrong.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Actually, it costs more to be thin. Thin people buy more clothes and bling, go out more, and spend more money on sports equipment. Sports equipment is expensive.

[/tongue in cheek]

Ditto on the link mscelina posted, by the way.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Actually, it costs more to be thin. Thin people buy more clothes and bling, go out more, and spend more money on sports equipment. Sports equipment is expensive.

[/tongue in cheek]

Ditto on the link mscelina posted, by the way.

One word for you my friend: golf courses. (ok, that's 2, but whose caring about serious means of research in this thread...)

Many more thin/slightly overweight people golf than really fat people. And golf courses are a drain on society, use bazillions of gallons of water and valuable land and natural resources, and cost a gazillion dollars in unnecesary costs and subsidies and development funds.

Plus, with the constant upkeap and golf carts, they contribute to global warming at an alarming rate.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2007/jun/14/thecaseagainstgolf

So, thin people, really are a drain on society through their golfing alone.

<for those who are sarcasm challenged, this was sarcasm>

~suki

Last edited:

Dario D.

Some of you people are using your imaginations too much. There's only one way to learn about the expenses of fat people, and that's to dig into it... If you think I'm here to make fun of them (although I have no qualms or regrets whatsoever about poking fun at the 5-gallon bucket of soda scene) you need to lighten the heck up.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I think this is quite enough now.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Dario - just because it's the "Research" section doesn't mean you get to be a jackass, then be all "What?! What?! What'd I say? Why's everyone so pissed at me? It's research!"

Go read MsCelina's link.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.