Apple glazed pork chops

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
stupid question. What do they taste like? Describe it as intimately as possible; is it sweet? What is the strongest taste? What different tastes come through as you eat it? What tastes linger on the tongue after eating them?

Thanks in advance. For a short story.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Describing what a food taste like is almost always difficult because they is a natural tendency to restate what it is. "It's like, you know, pork . . . with kind of a hint of apple flavor. You know?"

I'll think about this and see if there is something I could offer.

The Lonely One

Why is a raven like a writing desk?
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :) If it helps, the character is tongue-kissing his girlfriend after the dinner. He tastes...and then I didn't know. I picked the meal at random. It sounded like it would have some after-tastes.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would love to serve glazed pork chop to Anne Hathaway and do some research for you.

Just kidding! ;-)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks :) If it helps, the character is tongue-kissing his girlfriend after the dinner. He tastes...and then I didn't know. I picked the meal at random. It sounded like it would have some after-tastes.
Instead of trying to describe the taste of someone's kiss after a certain kind of meal (which might not be all that romantic to describe), you could allude to some sensory memory or experience that the taste reminds the character of. In other words, instead of describing the actual taste, describe that vague flash of a memory that the character experiences when kissing the other.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Are you a vegetarian? If not, cook one up for yourself. I imagine it would not be too different from roast pork with apple sauce.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you a vegetarian? If not, cook one up for yourself. I imagine it would not be too different from roast pork with apple sauce.
Hey, Nicole Kidman lives near me. I could cook the pork chops, invite her over and we could see exactly what this tastes like.

All for science, you understand.

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
I don't like them. In my opinion, meat shouldn't be sweetened. Although ham can get away with it, probably because it's so salty.

StephanieFox

Maybull the Bulldog
Registered
Reaction score
The English language isn't set up to describe the sense of taste, which is why the taste of food can seldom be described, except in the broadest of terms, only by comparison.

This is why the answer to the question, "What does it taste like," is always, "It tastes like chicken."

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score

Apple, is probably the least icky option.

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
May be a silly suggeston, but give her dessert, and something with a strong flavor like chocolate or lemon. Then that would be the last, lingering "taste."

~suki

burgy61

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com

If you want something that might be tasted when kissing I would make it something with chilies. The oils from the chilies would linger on the lips and tongue and could be transferred.