What fun things are you doing over the summer?

What fun things are you doing over the summer?

• Total voters

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Hiking and other. I will be going on a short vacation to hike.

I will also be dealing with small children. VBS, that kind of stuff. How do you deal with little girls who are used to getting their own way no matter what?

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't vote. I'm not doing fun things over the summer. I'm working my crappy day job and trying to write my book.

Nothing to see here citizens. Move along.

Two things:

Don't you have weekends off to do fun stuff?

And isn't writing a book fun???

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hoping the weather here remains as pleasant and not-balmy as it was when the season first began.

But then, we're only half way through July...

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
This is my last summer holiday before uni, so it's going to be full of hanging around with my friends/writing/reading/getting drunk.

looking for a job...

x

Reaction score
Can't swim, don't like hiking, I never visit 'new' places, sitting out in the sun is my idea of a nightmare, so...

Not much. :D Unless you count meeting Perks yesterday which has, quite frankly, made my summer!

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
I'm spending my summer so far working my butt off in my day job, which has strong possibilities several days a week to running over into the night.
The DOE put out the Smart Grid Investment Grant criteria, and I have to help get info together to provide to utilities for their applications, respond to RFPs, which are in abundance right now, and just generally keep my head above water.

When I do get some spare time I work in my garden, go to the kids' T-ball and baseball games, and have managed to play one round of golf and see one concert.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Sadly I didn't get any time off for this summer so I will have to wait for my holidays sometime in the fall.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
My off days are never my own it seems. I always have to many crappy errands to run. I try to fit some writing time in but on the days and nights I work after 12 hours working I'm in no mood for anything but the bed. But I'm happy! :)

TabithaTodd

Registered
Reaction score
Website
wwwtabithatodd.wordpress.com
Going for drives, swimming in the many lakes we are surrounded by, bush camping, hiking, cave exploring, berry picking (wild berries, blueberries, raspberries ect), animal watching (bears, porcupines, deer, moose, elk, hawks...many more).

Paying bills, gassing up (van), buying groceries, writing, reading...daily life *lol*

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I wanted to go camping this summer :(

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a job.

Me too, Mr. Ferret.

Last year around this time I went for a job interview--3 rounds of interviews for a receptionist job! (you'd think they were looking for a director) I was one of the top 3 candidates for the job. He told me eventually there were about 75 applicants for this one job.

I didn't get the job.

This year in my state the main problem isn't the competition (although that is major, too). This year the problem is THERE ARE NO JOBS TO APPLY FOR!

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
rescuing kitties and puppies. berry picking with kids. swimming at the local pool and checking out the lifeguards. working on my rewrite. camping at the county fair. going to Florida for a week in aug, staying at a 5 star resort and sleeping in the sun all day long! moving into my new house in aug. going furniture shopping. helped the grandmas move. going to dr apts.

and think i may seriously start looking for a boyfriend, soon. i've been getting those strange/curious yearnings again, lately. i may just take some pepto and get over it...but the thought is there, now.

ginnyweasley777

Registered
Reaction score
Looking after the horses, writing, reading and dreading getting my exam results from college!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
This year in my state the main problem isn't the competition (although that is major, too). This year the problem is THERE ARE NO JOBS TO APPLY FOR!

THere's little in my primary or secondary fields, so I'm applying for secretarial work, since I did that with some success many years ago.

It seems no one is even responding to my applications. I wonder if I'm a victim of sexism?

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The fun: Reading, writing, editing, critting. Camping, biking, visiting san diego zoo (got an annual pass! sooo cheap!), visiting breweries around SoCal. I found out my BFF's boyfriend likes ice skating so hopefully I can do a little of that, now that I found someone else who does it. Nothing like a chilly ice rink when it's 105 degrees out!

The not so fun: raising money for my favorite non-profit, job searching, researching applying for graduate school (gah!), being a disgruntled office peon.

Seaclusion

Absolute Parsley
Registered
Reaction score
Watering the garden, spreading rock around the yard, laying tile in the bathroom. Come to think of it, it all sounds like work.

Richard