I'm going blind!

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
Yaaaaayyyy! :D

Oh. Wait. You want me to explain? Ok....

I went to the optometrist yesterday because I've been noticing my eyesight slowly getting worse. Well, huzzah! I'm apparently short-sighted. Not enough to be legally required to wear glasses while driving, but apparently life will be better with a pair of specs perched on my beak. :)

The only reason I'm happy is because my man has a fetish for the whole "sexy librarian" image. :D

Too much info? Shutup. I know the sort of things Peaches says.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
holy. i wish i had that problem. i've been going to the optometrist every year or so for about 35 years. every single time the prescription is stronger. i'm in my early forties and i wear bi-focals. the doctor made what i thought was a joke about me being legally blind the last time i saw him. i said, 'good one'. he said, 'no. really. without glasses...you would be.' i have to reach to put them on when i wake up in the morning. i only see shadows and blobs without them. i can't even read the alarm clock that is about a foot away from me and has huge red numbers. i'm afraid that at this rate i will be totally blind before my life runs out.

Pepper

I IS PRANCING
Registered
Reaction score
Website
houseofpeppers.blogspot.com
That sucks KTC! If it makes you feel any better, I'm younger than you and I've already started with the eye issues. The optometrist reckons I should check in every year- crappy eyesight runs in the family.

Ugawa

It's a catastrophic success!
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, count yourselves lucky. I'm seventeen and can't even make out people's faces from the other side of the road... I haven't had my eyes tested yet, though. I think I should. lol

x

jilly61

aye aye in search of an agent
Registered
Reaction score
I'm almost blind in one eye and live in fear of the other one packing in.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
holy. i wish i had that problem. i've been going to the optometrist every year or so for about 35 years. every single time the prescription is stronger. i'm in my early forties and i wear bi-focals. the doctor made what i thought was a joke about me being legally blind the last time i saw him. i said, 'good one'. he said, 'no. really. without glasses...you would be.' i have to reach to put them on when i wake up in the morning. i only see shadows and blobs without them. i can't even read the alarm clock that is about a foot away from me and has huge red numbers. i'm afraid that at this rate i will be totally blind before my life runs out.

That's me without my specs, too, and I'm only in my early thirties. I've been wearing glasses or contacts since I was eight. Unless I can manage to get lasik surgery done, I'll probably be wearing bifocals and then trifocals inside a decade. :(

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
That's me without my specs, too, and I'm only in my early thirties. I've been wearing glasses or contacts since I was eight. Unless I can manage to get lasik surgery done, I'll probably be wearing bifocals and then trifocals inside a decade. :(

Ditto, even the part about wearing glasses since I was 8. I have moderate-to-severe astigmatism and until recently could not wear contacts because they bothered my eyes so bad. But when they came out with the thinner "hydrating" contacts I started wearing them and refuse to go back to my glasses. When I put my glasses on now (because of the difference in refraction between a lens on the eye and a lens an inch or so away from the eye), it feels like looking through a fishbowl for the first couple of days and I get screaming headaches. So I only wear them in dire emergencies, such as eye irritations or -gasp- running out of contacts (which doesn't happen often).

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
ass_hole.jpg