Resubmitting after agent-requested revision

Rexwriter

Registered
Reaction score
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I've searched and searched and I couldn't find anything similar.

An agent requested my full manuscript, read it, and then rejected it with some suggestions and an invitation to contact her again if I decided to revise.

I took the suggestions, which made the manuscript much stronger, and I'm nearly ready to resubmit.

So my question is, how do I resubmit?

Do I just send the original query again with a bit at the top about revising based on her suggestions?

Do I send a letter detailing the changes I made?

Do I attach the full manuscript (this is what she had me do with the full I sent earlier) or do I paste a few pages into the body of the email and wait for her to request the full again?

I know I'm probably over-thinking this, but I'm pretty sure some of you have been through this before. What did you do?

Cricket18

Gnawing my hairless tail
Registered
Reaction score
Rexwriter,

I just went through this. This is what I did:

Dear Agent X,

Back in May (or whenever) you read my full ms, X, and you gave me some extremely helpful feedback which I took to heart. (Then I would mention her exact suggestions.) Now that the revise is complete, would you be interested in looking at the changes?

Then just thank her. This has happened twice for me...both times they responded immediately. So I think this works.

Good luck!!

justAnotherWriter

Registered
Reaction score
Be sure to mention in the query that he/she asked to see it again...they often do not and they may forget that they did and auto reject it just because they think they completely rejected it before.