• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a writing friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a mentor

...at the same level that I am at. In other words someone just starting out like me. We won't work on each other's work like writing partners, but will instead be there to read, and critique each other's writings. Advice is also good, but not necessary. Must be 100% honest in critiques, and good at critiquing. My work is just starting out, and your work must be in it's early stages too. Basically writing friends who are there to give feedback to each other.

My fantasy is Asian based, but with traditional elements that you see in modern popular works. The Asian factor is more of a background than anything. I prefer for you to be a fantasy writer, but horror, historical fiction, and sci-fi are okay too.

Here is my first chapter in SYW, now undergoing major revision. I also got ch 3 written, but that needs extreme revision too.

PS- Sorry Mods if this doesn't go here, but this forum seemed most similar to what I am looking for, yet I don't need a beta reader (yet!), or writing partner.

Last edited:

BlackBriar

Bricoleur
Registered
Reaction score
I found a writing buddy a while ago. Now i am looking for a mentor. Only two requirements is a love of fantasy lit and willing to answer loads of questions (not looking for hand holding though). My wip is now at 21k wc (7 chapters). The chapter above is outdated.

Status
Not open for further replies.