Just finished 2nd novel!!! Whahoo!!!!!! <Happy Dance>

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Well,

I finished it. :tongue My 2nd novel. I finished it in just 5 months, a whole 80000 word YA-Sci Fi, while working full-time, having 4 kids, and teaching part-time.

Now, to the tedius part....editing ;)

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! Good work!

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations. I suggest you start number three before editing. Leave it for a few weeks and return to it with a new perspective.

nitaworm

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Good advice. I will let this one rest, and start on No.3

Well many of my friends can't believe that I write with all that I have going on. However, I am such a type 'A' person that I always try to stick to a schedule. I cut out internet surf time and write from 9-11:30pm on weekdays and from 7am-11am on Saturdays. I tend to take my laptop with me everywhere. It sits on the porch while I watch my kids play, and I take breaks to play with them. It goes with us on long driving trips (my DH drives) and I plug it in and type away. When I am at sports practice, I use the time to do editing.

I have a list of book ideas that I add to whenever a good one strikes me (a tip from another author). I spend time thinking about my plots and characters while daydreaming at my kids sports practices, at work, while on vacation. Then I draw out everything. I spend a lot of time pondering, outlining, and building a support folder with maps of my new worlds before I write the first word. Although, my characters get impatient with me, I try to build a good foundation first. I start dreaming about them, and their story constantly during the planning and writing process. After this is done, the story is already finished in my mind. Oh, I do change it around throughout the writing process, but my outline is very detailed that I just read through it while I write.

Thanks all for doing the Happy Dance with me.

Also, I do type 85 wpm. The best class I ever took as a High Schooler was keyboarding.

Last edited:

V-Man

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamesvachowski.com
Nitaworm, that's a badass achievement! Congrats, especially on making the time and sticking to the schedule!

I bought a power inverter to run the laptop off the car battery when I'm traveling, but I'm going to steal your idea and start hunting and pekcing whenever the wife's driving.

x_Kathy_x

Me fail English? That’s unpossible.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! What an achievement! How do you manage to fit all that in AND be finished? You obviously don't procrastinate... like me LOL