Personality traits: how others see us

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Angie's comment here got me thinking(hard to believe, eh?) about personality traits. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Not too long ago, a long-time acquaintance told me he thought I was dangerous. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif](Now this is someone who plays it safe with every aspect of his life. He lives in fear of everything, won't ever break rules, judges everyone who does so, sees everything black or white. And he's far from being the sharpest knife in a drawer full of spoons.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So I glared at him and said, "Whaddaya mean by that?" [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]He backpedaled like a little girl, and went on to explain that that I often do the unexpected, that I say what I think too often, that I don't follow all the rules (Of course that's all he could say with my hand around his throat. I think he peed a little, too.)He then modified "dangerous" to "edgy." [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And at first I thought, "Hmm, I could toss his body in the ocean, and no one would ever miss him."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Then I thought, "Hmm, that's interesting." After a lot of thought I realized how someone would see that in me, especially when I'm their polar opposite. I do have a tendency to live my own life, I don't let fear hold me back, and I'll charge in when people like him are shivering in the corner scared of the bogeyman.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And again, around Christmastime, someone I'd just met asked me if I had children. When I said no, she was surprised. She said I seemed so nice, spoke with such a sweet voice that she assumed I had small children.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]It's funny what others see in us...
[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]So, dig deep, folks. Has anyone ever made an observation about your character that made you go, "Whoa! That is so not me," or "Wow, I never thought about myself like that before," or "I could build a bonfire, push them in, maybe bring marshmallows..." ?[/FONT]

Oh, and the first person to say I'm not nice and sweet gets no respect from me for at least the rest of the day. :D

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
i was called both kind and generous the other day. you could imagine my outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
oh. and you're so NOT nice and sweet.

remember the hose.

and the baboon.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
i was called both kind and generous the other day. you could imagine my outrage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG! The horror!! We, of course, know you better--so don't worry.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
I've been called "quietly intense" by more than one person. I honestly have no idea what that means.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
I have this sneaking suspicion people don't think I'm as funny as I think I am.

I am very funny.

Also, I think of aadam73 as a big ol' sugarpunkin. Who would toss a worthless bag of guts on the fire, and be thoughtful enough to bring marshmallows? If I were going through a pile of bodies, I would want her with me, right there, picking their pockets and checking their mouths for gold fillings.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com

I am very funny.

Also, I think of aadam73 as a big ol' sugarpunkin. Who would toss a worthless bag of guts on the fire, and be thoughtful enough to bring marshmallows? If I were going through a pile of bodies, I would want her with me, right there, picking their pockets and checking their mouths for gold fillings.

Do these hypothetical dead bodies have small feet? Because I need a new pair of shoes...

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Angie's comment here got me thinking(hard to believe, eh?) about personality traits. [/FONT]

I feel I must clarify the comment I made there by saying I haven't even seen this guy in person in almost fifteen years, and a person tends to change a bit in that amount of time. So all he really knows about me now is how I am online - which, granted, is pretty close to how I am in real life in some respects, but if you're dumb enough to take all of my sarcastic remarks seriously you'd get a hell of a different picture of me than how I really am.

In real life, I'm a nice person. Honest.

Shut up, cray. Shut up, quickie. Shut up, rob.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I've been called "quietly intense" by more than one person. I honestly have no idea what that means.

Wow, that is an odd one. Hmm...

Someone said I had a lot of wisdom.

Me... I speak and put my feet in my mouth. Me, wise? Wow.

Interesting, grasshopper. Clearly they see something you don't. :)

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
So, dig deep, folks. Has anyone ever made an observation about your character that made you go, "Whoa! That is so not me," or "Wow, I never thought about myself like that before," or "I could build a bonfire, push them in, maybe bring marshmallows..." ?

The other day, my husband said, "You're so BOSSY."

In general, I'm a pretty shy, withdrawn person, so this never occurred to me. My first response was to deny it entirely, but then I got to thinking about how, in spite of my personality, I always seem to end up in charge in group situations. Then I said "I'm not bossy, I just know my mind and I know how to do things. I don't know why other people don't."

Then I thought about it for a while longer and said, "Okay, maybe I'm bossy. But I can't help it if I know what I'm doing!"

Come to think of it, I might be a little arrogant, too. ;)

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score

I think you're funny.

Also, I am a sugarpunkin. *sniff* I'm so glad you see the real me.

Do these hypothetical dead bodies have small feet? Because I need a new pair of shoes...

Some of them. What size? Because I've got dibs on 7. Although I might share.

In her defense, I was the one holding the hose. :D

This is true. You're ruthless with that hose; an admirable trait.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I am hyperbolic and everybody knows it.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
This isn't about me. But someone, an old man, told my extremely talkative younger brother who can't for the life of him keep his mouth shut and says all sorts of inappropriate things at the wrong time and talks so much he forgets to eat that he was too "quiet and withdrawn."

WHOA.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
yes, but can you dance?

i can dance better than the lord god king boofoo of all dancers. i am michael flatley[SUP]3[/SUP]. i am michael jackson[SUP]3[/SUP]. i am a wonder.

KTC

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
**waits for Lord of the Dance to entertain me**

k. let me just clip my nails and step into my clogs.

ugly-toenails.jpg

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a Leo. Everything you've read about Leo's traits, is true with me. I'm proud of it. ;)