Kidney blow, liver blow, neck blow, sleeper hold, vagina blow

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
No, not all on the same person at once. :) I just wanted to get all my latest questions about bodily harm out of the way in one go.

My new WIP is combat heavy, and I need to know how these things I listed affect a person, and how long they take to recover from. Has anyone here taken a blow to the kidney, liver, or lady parts? I've heard that the last one can be almost as bad as a testicle-shot.
As for the neck-blow, I'm thinking of both a smack to the throat, and a hard kick in the back of neck. Can the latter one kill?

And finally, if someone can describe what a sleeper hold feels like for the one in it, that'd be great. :)

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Your thread title has caused me to LOL. In my experience, while a blow (tee hee) to the lady parts is a lot more painful than, say, a blow to the leg, it doesn't seem to be as bad a shot to the man-parts. Consider that in tae kwon do and kickboxing, men have to wear a cup and women don't have to wear any protection Down There. Though in ice hockey, women do have to wear a protective, um, item.

I also know if you're taking a shot to the kidney, from behind, you can also rupture your spleen. Bad times.

I've had the 'sleeper hold' or whatever you want to call it, in judo. Are you talking about cutting off the carotid arteries, and not the windpipe? It made me feel dizzy but very calm, although I hate people even touching my neck, so getting it squeezed is pretty unpleasant. It's a little bit like if you breathe slowly into and out of a paperbag? Or like when you were little and you hid under the covers until you ran out of air and got all dizzy. If you get released just before you faint, you perk up pretty quickly. If it goes so long that you faint, you come back around within a minute or so. It's weird because you can breathe, so you feel okay, but no blood goes to the brain, so then everything goes all swirly.

Sarpedon

Banned
Reaction score
A lady of my acquaintence described a skiing accident she had which saw her run into a treebranch, suffering a hit to her liver. She says that she had sufficient time to stand up, shout "I'm OK" before passing out.

Raindrop

Registered
Reaction score
I got hit in my "lady parts" once. Oh boy. It felt worse than when I cut my finger to the bone, and worse than when my arm caught fire. It felt like being cut and burnt at the same time.

But then, it was a pretty nasty hit. I fell on the stem of my bike, at full speed. It was an old bike. A bolt was protruding from the stem. Yeah. That bolt left an imprint. :e2bike2:

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
I got hit in my "lady parts" once. Oh boy. It felt worse than when I cut my finger to the bone, and worse than when my arm caught fire. It felt like being cut and burnt at the same time.

But then, it was a pretty nasty hit. I fell on the stem of my bike, at full speed. It was an old bike. A bolt was protruding from the stem. Yeah. That bolt left an imprint. :e2bike2:

Hey, it could have been worse: You could have been a man. :)

Rowan

Registered
Reaction score
No, not all on the same person at once. :) I just wanted to get all my latest questions about bodily harm out of the way in one go.

My new WIP is combat heavy, and I need to know how these things I listed affect a person, and how long they take to recover from. Has anyone here taken a blow to the kidney, liver, or lady parts? I've heard that the last one can be almost as bad as a testicle-shot.
As for the neck-blow, I'm thinking of both a smack to the throat, and a hard kick in the back of neck. Can the latter one kill?

And finally, if someone can describe what a sleeper hold feels like for the one in it, that'd be great. :)

A good kick to the back of the neck could presumably sever the cervical vertebra...it's been a long time since I've taken anatomy though! :tongue A hard strike to the carotid artery can also result in cardiac arrest/death. (has to do with vagal nerve reflex)

As for a sleeper / choke hold -- experienced this one in academy. (Of interest - more effective on males v. females due to the prominence/anatomical position of carotid artery in men). Anyway, as expected you tend to get dizzy and can almost hear your blood pumping in your head as you start to see stars and eventually black out. The one thing that I really remember is the blurry vision and how it was hard to hear, etc.

Hope that helps.

Nivarion

Brony level >9000
Registered
Reaction score

Ah combat. I've fought WMA EMA and street. Armed and Unarmed. About the time I started to study the WMA and EMA i began to fight less and less street. Gee i wonder why (hurt em all mwhahahaha)

Anyway, I have a strong core so I've only ever once had an effective hit to the liver, and none to the kidneys. So I can't tell you what those are like from experience. But from watching my enemies wallow and pee themselves, with blood, a kidney hit is absolutely vicious. I'm surprised none of them had permanent damage.

The liver is soft enough that your going to more wind them. If you've ever been punched in the stomach you've been hit in the liver.
I fell on my handle bars, once, and hit myself hard enough that I herniated. that was awful, i couldn't stand, breath or raise my arms. i just curled up into a ball and actually went into shock. There wasn't any blood but i hit my liver and other soft and squishies hard enough. No tearing of them though, and the muscle wall was minor.

It was 103, i was under blankets and felt cold as ice.

In my experience (Cause there are some vicious girls here too) kicks to the lady parts are pretty useless. About the same effect as a kick anywhere else. If your fighting a lady, about a half way down the thigh on the inside is the femoral nerve. That'll drop em hard, makes the leg go limp.

A kick to the back of the neck could be fatal. If you didn't hit the head or the body and the head was braced on something to keep most of the energy being canceled by movement.

A hit to the front of the neck has a much higher chance of being fatal. If you collapes the trachea, smash the hyble or rupture one of the artieries they are dead.

Sleepers are weird. Its like holding your breath till you almost pass out (try that right now, its about the same.) while still breathing. It pushes the hyble and the trachea down on the Corated arteries and restricts blood to the brain.

(note, to get out of one of those, push into your attacker. makes them fall down and they let you go to brace themselves.)

The only thing a lady has on a man is labor, and we'll get em hit a lot more than they'll give birth. Its like someone replaced your guts with a block of wood. You just curl over and try to breath slowly.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
The thread title sounds like the highest scoring combo move in Mortal Kombat.

"Finish her!"

wannawrite

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kcwildwood.net
Okay. I'm crushing a little on Niv right now.... *sigh* I think it was the part where he talks about his 'soft and squishies'.

*shakes head to clear it*

Okay. Back to work, now.

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
Sleepers are weird. Its like holding your breath till you almost pass out (try that right now, its about the same.) while still breathing. It pushes the hyble and the trachea down on the Corated arteries and restricts blood to the brain.

(note, to get out of one of those, push into your attacker. makes them fall down and they let you go to brace themselves.)

The only thing a lady has on a man is labor, and we'll get em hit a lot more than they'll give birth. Its like someone replaced your guts with a block of wood. You just curl over and try to breath slowly.

Um, sorry but I don't quite understand that last paragraph. Did you leave out a word?

As for a sleeper hold, how long does it take to recover from one?

Thanks for the help.

Manix

Mutatis mutandis
Registered
Reaction score
I've had the 'sleeper hold' or whatever you want to call it, in judo. Are you talking about cutting off the carotid arteries, and not the windpipe? It made me feel dizzy but very calm ... If you get released just before you faint, you perk up pretty quickly. If it goes so long that you faint, you come back around within a minute or so. It's weird because you can breathe, so you feel okay, but no blood goes to the brain, so then everything goes all swirly.

Exactly. I was put into a sleeper hold and saw stars, but didn't even know I was suffering until I almost blacked out. It's deceptive because you can breath as Kitty said, but no blood is reaching your brain, so you could pass out pretty quick.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As for a sleeper hold, how long does it take to recover from one?

Thanks for the help.

I think, if you got knocked all the way unconscious, you could be awake within a minute, back on your feet in a couple minutes, maybe? Ready to fight in five or ten? Some of it has to do with one's overall level of badassery, though. Are we talking fighters? Housewives? Second graders? Soldiers?

efreysson

Closer than ever
Registered
Reaction score
I think, if you got knocked all the way unconscious, you could be awake within a minute, back on your feet in a couple minutes, maybe? Ready to fight in five or ten? Some of it has to do with one's overall level of badassery, though. Are we talking fighters? Housewives? Second graders? Soldiers?

A tough teenager being hardened into a genuine warrior badass.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm, the subject line led me to think of "blow" as discharge, as in vomiting or "colon blow." But maybe that could happen after being struck, grossing out the opponent...
Hey, it could have been worse: You could have been a man. :)
HEY. That's NOT FUNNY. Not a bit.

Ben, a man.
A tough teenager being hardened into a genuine warrior badass.
I'm thinking they might not want to hit "too hard," as they don't want to inflict permanent damage, but then a Warrior Badass would need to fight and defend oneself while in great pain.

Tsu Dho Nimh

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone here taken a blow to the kidney, liver, or lady parts?

I have treated female skiers whose external "lady parts" collided rudely with a hard object. They were in severe pain, even with ice packs, and the bruising wasn't going to heal for weeks.