Everyone Who's Anyone (and similar sites)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I've been speaking to someone via PM (no, I'm not going to put their name or the content of the PM's in public, don't panic) and twice I've meant to say something about this and forgotten.

The person in question brought up "Everyone Who's Anyone", which is basically a data collection site with the email addresses of agents, managers, producers, editors, etc. I know it was one of the first sites I found through Google (it and P&E, actually) and I know that many new writers think it's a wonderful resource, which is why I wanted to start a thread about it rather than just saying this by PM.

In general, the people on that site -- HATE IT -- and no, that's not hyperbole. From what I've heard and read, it's roughly equivalent to that one guy who has sent the same MS to the same (as in every) agents every day for years with the idea that if he does it long enough, he'll "break down the doors of publishing.

Has anyone here ever actually used any of the information on that site and gotten results? I'm curious - and I'd be surprised if the answer was yes.

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I don't think it's encouraged to disparage other sites here.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it's encouraged to disparage other sites here.

It's not disparaging when the guy who runs the site posts the "leave us alone" emails himself and maintains a public list of who's blacklisted him.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
look at me. i know nothing.

Little Red Barn

haz own threads
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*raises hand*
I have used Gerald's site. Successfully. He is a wonderful, kind and caring person. And his book, Ginny Good, was picked up by a cool agent and published by a nice publisher.

colealpaugh

"Bear trumps Elephants!"
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.colealpaugh.com
*raises hand*
I have used Gerald's site. Successfully. He is a wonderful, kind and caring person. And his book, Ginny Good, was picked up by a cool agent and published by a nice publisher.

He is? Well...okay. I surely don't care one way or another, but he's described a little differently by quite a few agents, editors, and publishers. Yeah, a lot was his schtick, but a lot was a bit crazy.

The backstory
gerard3.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.