Worst gift/Best gift

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
So, here's what I want to know:

What's the worst gift you've ever received? What's the best?

My worst was a packet of panties with fruit on them(the really high-waisted kind) and a pair of super-ugly sunglasses, both from the same person(who obviously hated me; yes, I see that.) I was sixteen. It was Christmas.

My best was my baby sister for Christmas the year I turned 11. I really wanted a sibling, so it was nice of my parents to oblige. It's all about me. :D

Lie if you have to, people. I just want to be amused.

Reaction score
Best gift? My gran offering to buy me a computer because "If you're going to be a writer you'll need one."

Bless.

Can't really think of anything bad. Apart from the time my ex-boyfriend gave me a sore [censored] but even that was fun.

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
Best gift? Right now, the laptop I have now.

Worst gift? I can't remember any worst gifts. The gifts I've all had were good. Oh, perhaps some gaudy pink pajama pants made of some shiny material. That was two years ago. Exchanged it at a store.

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
My best gift is easy: My wife leased an $80,000 super-charged, super-awesome, cherry-red convertible Corvette for my 40th birthday, and I got to drive around in it for three days. Took it up to 150 mph on a deserted highway. Man, what a car. (Yes, I know ... a penis symbol; gas-guzzler, etc. But I adored it, anyway.)

My worst gift? Can't think of any really bad ones. I appreciate them all.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The best was probably a BB gun that looked like a Model 1894 Winchester I got at Christmas when I was a kid There was some debate about whether I was quite old enough for a BB gun, so I wasn't sure I was getting it until Christmas morning.

Guess what. When I got older I bought an actual Model 1894 Winchester 30-30.

The worst: I had a couple of spinster aunts who always gave me socks. And they were "old man" socks too; the kind that are loose except for elastic right at the top. My brother and I never wore the things. Gee, it's hard to look happy when you're ten-years-old and you get socks. "Oh, thank you! It's just what I wanted! Look! Socks!"

Last edited:

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
worst gift->life
best gift->life

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Best gift? Hmmm.... My daughter - she arrived a little late (4 days after Christmas) but was worth the wait (for the most part.)

Worst gift? That same year, my husband gave me a hair dryer for my birthday. A frickin' hair dryer.

Even he admits it wasn't his finest gift giving moment. :D

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
The worst was a ugly rainbow sweater that was so horrid I burned it. The best gift was the one I gave myself when I got my own apt for the first time.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
The best gift I could ever get would be KTC as a Christmas present, in a sealed oil drum with no air holes. I'd like to get it around May...

Hmmm, I think we have a winner.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
I had a baby girl. The suffering should begin in just a few years and he WILL pay. :D **bwahahahaha!!!**

Hmm, yes, I see much suffering in his future! This is a very cunning plan you had.

*rubs hands together evilly*

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
(I used to wait until my parents went out, then I'd unwrap my presents just enough to see what they'd bought me. Then I'd cleverly reseal the tape. Except with my sister, of course. That'd be weird.)

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
(I used to wait until my parents went out, then I'd unwrap my presents just enough to see what they'd bought me. Then I'd cleverly reseal the tape. Except with my sister, of course. That'd be weird.)

I never did this, even as a boy. To me, this was like reading the last page of a book when you first picked it up. I preferred to have it unravel before my eyes.

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
when i was ten my first bike was my mom's old bike. it had been hanging in my uncle's chicken house for years. it was covered with chicken crap and feathers. my folks cleaned it up, but it didn't clean up so well. it was heavy and klunky and ugly. and smelly. one evening my dad and i were at the local farm supply and there was this wasp green schwinn racer--hand brakes and skinny tires, all the trimmings. i couldn't help staring at it until dad called me to the register because he was leaving. then he said "you like that bike, kid? we'll take that too."

it wasn't my birthday. it wasn't christmas. the bike cost the astronomical price of 42$!!!! half our house payment. mom went ballistic when we got home but dad stood firm. i still get choked up when i think about it--s6

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
when i was ten my first bike was my mom's old bike. it had been hanging in my uncle's chicken house for years. it was covered with chicken crap and feathers. my folks cleaned it up, but it didn't clean up so well. it was heavy and klunky and ugly. and smelly. one evening my dad and i were at the local farm supply and there was this wasp green schwinn racer--hand brakes and skinny tires, all the trimmings. i couldn't help staring at it until dad called me to the register because he was leaving. then he said "you like that bike, kid? we'll take that too."

it wasn't my birthday. it wasn't christmas. the bike cost the astronomical price of 42$!!!! half our house payment. mom went ballistic when we got home but dad stood firm. i still get choked up when i think about it--s6

I love this story!

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
A great memory Shakeysix.

When I dropped into the thread I thought this was going to be a challenge/game, like:

"Great gift -- New underwear; Worst gift -- This morning it was your Mom's."

exit -- riding the "D-rail".