Status
Not open for further replies.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
I received an email about a special order book that describes everything you always wanted to know about airport book shops, and what a huge untapped market this is for your own promotion. It explains what contacts you have to make in order to get placement, and other relevant data.

Has anyone had experience in placing or contacting airport book shops? Do you know anything about it that you might share with this readership? I'm slightly perplexed because I haven't ever considered this source and what effect it might have on sales.

Triceratops

Last edited:

Kiva Wolfe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kivawolfe.net
Before you spend a dime for a "book distributor list", try researching this yourself by contacting a select number of airport bookstores to find out who distributes to them. Always, check out the company via a web search and reliable author sites like Writer Beware and Preditors & Editors.

http://www.sfwa.org/beware/
http://www.anotherealm.com/prededitors/

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Hi, Kiva--you're absolutely right about that. I have no intention of signing up with their program, for that is exactly what it is. If I buy any writing How To books it will be from this writing group to support us and not an outsider. I'm sure that when I'm ready, I can investigate airport book shops and get in there myself, as well as everyone else.

Tri

MadScientistMatt

Empirical Storm Trooper
Registered
Reaction score
Website
madscientistmatt.blogspot.com
It seems the easiest way to get your book into many of the airport bookshops is to either write something about the city where the bookshop is located or get on the New York Times Bestseller list. :) Seriously, most of the airport bookstores I've seen are pretty small and tend to limit their selections to these categories and a few business books.

Status
Not open for further replies.