PDA

View Full Version : Beta reader wanted for a Supernatural/Action

Fiender
07-11-2009, 02:31 AM
I've finished the second draft of my novel, a supernatural action/adventure story and it's about 84,000 words long. I've been working on this story pretty much since the eighth grade (I'm a high-school graduate now), and I've been through several different versions of it. I think I'm finally getting to the point where it's almost publishable.

I'd like a beta reader or two to read through the story and point out any problems you find with it, be they grammatical, continuity, or plot holes. I can send it to you on a chapter by chapter basis or drop the whole thing on your lap. :D

Synopsis:

The city of Stackington is an old, dirty place. A corrupt charity organization stealing the money from the hard working citizens, drug dealers and criminals operating unchallenged in the streets, and hordes of incompetent policemen who are powerless to stop them. But little does anyone know who is really pulling the strings.

They call themselves the Sanguine Order. Whenever a person or a group of people stand in their way, those people have a unique habit of disappearing... and then turning up in pieces outside the city. All the guns, money and power in the city can't stop them. Some say they are a cult, others say they are really a powerful criminal organization. All that anyone knows for sure it their penchant for picking people off of the streets and using them in gore-filled ceremonies. Faces of the missing appear regularly on the news, most are never seen again.

Enter Micahel Robin; a down-on-his-luck young man with a very troubled past. With bills piling up, he seems to have lucked out by landing a successful interview with the Green Tomorrow company roster; a charity organization that claims it wishes to turn things for Stackington around. But on his way home from this interview, the Sanguine order cast their bloodthirsty gaze upon him. After witnessing the impossible, insane, and inhuman things they are capable of, he finds himself struggling to survive. Michael must unlock the secret behind the Sanguine Order's power, and the mysterious forces that oppose them, before he becomes the latest missing person on the evening news.Please, respond only if you have relative certainty that you will be able to Beta Read the entire book.

Thank you.

Fiender

Fiender
07-16-2009, 03:55 AM
As of 7/15/09, I am still looking for a Beta Reader.

ccarver30
07-16-2009, 09:51 PM
This sounds interesting! :) I would be willing.