It's Quickly Becoming My Favorite Time of Year

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
School supplies are out at Walmart! Soon all the sales will start.

I love school and office supplies, and I know plenty of others do too. It's about time to stock up on notebooks and stuff.

Plus I need to get supplies for my new home office setup, so it's even better. Keep an eye out for all the sales!

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
School supplies are out at Walmart! Soon all the sales will start.

I love school and office supplies, and I know plenty of others do too. It's about time to stock up on notebooks and stuff.

Plus I need to get supplies for my new home office setup, so it's even better. Keep an eye out for all the sales!
We have a weekend later in the summer when all school supplies (up to and including computers) and clothing is not charged local or state sales taxes. I'm not sure, but the tax-free weekend may be state-wide. That's a crazy weekend in the stores.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
We have a weekend later in the summer when all school supplies (up to and including computers) and clothing is not charged local or state sales taxes. I'm not sure, but the tax-free weekend may be state-wide. That's a crazy weekend in the stores.
I'd rather pay the tax than fight the crowds. Ugh.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It's been years that I've been out of school and I still love back to school supplies. I'm hoping to buy my niece her first batch of school supplies, but I think my sister wants the honor. :)

Reaction score
Asda (the UK WalMart) now sells their take on moleskines. Faux leather covers, 3 cardboard pockets at the back, 80 perforated leaves, with elastic band.

£3!

BUY 'EM NAO!

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, but the best time is late in September, after school is in full swing. Then all the leftover supplies go on sale. Oh how I love me some 5 cent packages of notecards and $1 notebooks!

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Composition_book.jpg

Don't forget the composition books! I love those!!

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Oh, but the best time is late in September, after school is in full swing. Then all the leftover supplies go on sale. Oh how I love me some 5 cent packages of notecards and $1 notebooks!

Oh, I totally shop this season in two phases!

I keep an eye for the big deals in electronics, etc.

Then after school's started, I go hit notebooks and the like to clean house on the discount prices.

Sale ads are my friends.

Of course, I've learned a lot about doing some frugal shopping. I'm going to go clean house at CVS later. Or at least part one. Damn coupon restrictions.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score

Missouri does this, too. Love it!

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I love how it coincides with the start of Summer school... adds that extra touch of torture for the summer school students. ;-)

I do love pens. Unfortunately, as I've gravitated increasingly to the computer, I have less reasons/ excuses to spend money on pens, pencils, notebooks.

Now I can tell my husband that I'm not the only person who loves office/ school supplies. He'll still probably look at me funny, though...

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm glad there are others like me. Last week I was overwhelmed with the desire to by the Crayola 64 crayon pack at the drug store. Coloring with crayons is awesome! (I'm in my twenties and I have no kids so it was entirely for my own amusements/quasi-artistic leanings)

I love notebooks too! But I'm very picky about them. My current favorites are unruled side spiral bound full size kid's drawing pads for my writing (company is Pacon, I think). I live in fear of the day Target stops selling them so I'm always on the lookout for other kinds that work for me.

And yeah, my significant other does not understand my desire to mooch around in the stationary/back to school section.

I gotta run. I just found a Target gift card in my wallet, and I have an unquenchable desire for an Aquaman notebook!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Geez. No. I hate the school supply season. The stores become almost as packed and crazy as it does around Christmas!

And I don't really need supplies. I only use my laptop. But my kids will soon. But our stores won't be getting that stuff for another few weeks.

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the smell of the paper :) I use to love yet hate when Mom would drag me off to buy school supplies. I think the highlight would be getting a new cool Note Tote. Do they even make these anymore?

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the smell of the paper :) I use to love yet hate when Mom would drag me off to buy school supplies. I think the highlight would be getting a new cool Note Tote. Do they even make these anymore?

Is that a Canadian thing? I used to have a Trapper Keeper, which I thought was the bitchinest thing ever. #3 in this majestic gallery http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/318566/ . I think they still sell like a boring watered-down solid-colored version of the Trapper to the jaded 21st century child. But it's nowhere near as fresh. The Trapper was the must-have accessory of the overly-organized child when I was a wee one.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Is that a Canadian thing? I used to have a Trapper Keeper, which I thought was the bitchinest thing ever. #3 in this majestic gallery http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pictures/view/318566/ . I think they still sell like a boring watered-down solid-colored version of the Trapper to the jaded 21st century child. But it's nowhere near as fresh. The Trapper was the must-have accessory of the overly-organized child when I was a wee one.

It may be. It was just a binder with velcro used to organize things but came in many cool colors and one year you could get them with crazy designs :)

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It may be. It was just a binder with velcro used to organize things but came in many cool colors and one year you could get them with crazy designs :)

A Trapper Keeper was the very same thing! We are sisters in organizational stationary nerdery! :Hug2:

PS Borders is having 40% off school supplies right now. I just went, and through the application of extreme self-restraint, I only bought a soft stripy pencil case and a pocket-size blank notebook with bugs on the cover. But there were lunchboxes! And notebooks! Binders! Folders! COLORED PENCILS! Heh. I need to go lie down.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
A Trapper Keeper was the very same thing! We are sisters in organizational stationary nerdery! :Hug2:

PS Borders is having 40% off school supplies right now. I just went, and through the application of extreme self-restraint, I only bought a soft stripy pencil case and a pocket-size blank notebook with bugs on the cover. But there were lunchboxes! And notebooks! Binders! Folders! COLORED PENCILS! Heh. I need to go lie down.

The next time I'm at Walmart I'm going to check and see if they still sell them. :)

Ohhhhhh and I just remember the name of another one. Finder Binder! Isn't that a hoot LOL

Last edited: