Status
Not open for further replies.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
...since I sent you my query, and you're just now getting it? You could probably spare me the form rejection. I wrote you off 5 months ago and have moved on. Or were you just trying to brighten my day?

Thanks,
JoNightshade

firedrake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain.

I have some of them :(

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
I've had a few. One was just shy of a year later.

I figure it happens this way: The pile of queries is ceiling-high. The ones on top teeter a little as people pass by. Then they slip, one-by-one, down the pile but behind a bookcase or desk or into a cobwebby corner. One day a year, the cubicle or office is cleaned thoroughly. Or at least passed over with a vacuum. Lo and behold--there are those errant queries that are now yellowing with neglect and age. Who'd want to touch that?

Well, that's how I see it. :)

cate townsend

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry Jo, know the feeling. I recently received a rejection on a query I sent 2 years ago. The agent had long since left, but someone had apparently gone through the leftover slush. I'd already written it off, so it didn't sting too much, but still...

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
I figure it happens this way: The pile of queries is ceiling-high. The ones on top teeter a little as people pass by. Then they slip, one-by-one, down the pile but behind a bookcase or desk or into a cobwebby corner. One day a year, the cubicle or office is cleaned thoroughly. Or at least passed over with a vacuum. Lo and behold--there are those errant queries that are now yellowing with neglect and age. Who'd want to touch that?

Well, that's how I see it. :)

I'm actually okay with belated snail mail queries. I know stuff happens, things get lost or moved or overlooked. But this was an e-query! Half of my day job involves responding to massive amounts of email, similar to queries, and if I fell even a week behind I'd be costing my company tons of money. I find this degree of delay to be totally ridiculous. They even apologized for it in their form response. Excuse me? If you're getting such a huge volume of queries you have an 8 month backlog, CLOSE SUBMISSIONS. Sheesh. ;)

Laura Lond

Registered
Reaction score
8 months is bad... I agree, if they are that far behind they need to do something about it - perhaps temporarily close submissions, as you say.

Status
Not open for further replies.