Hash Bar Gone Wrong

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
The scene: Guy goes into a hash bar for the first time with a friend. Said friend gets into an argument with an employee just before receiving their "order". Guy smokes "high quality" hash and receives the high of his life, so to speak. Lasting several hours. The next day, he falls into a state of paranoia. Brief, but intense. Then is "fine".

What could his "order" have been laced with? Also, what could it have been that would have been strong enough to stay in his system for several days, bringing on another fit of paranoia, say a week later.

Also, a long term marijuana smoker stops smoking cold turkey.

What immediate withdrawal symptoms would one have upon quitting?

Thanks for your help!

stephenf

Registered
Reaction score
Don't Know about the first question .But I can tell you there is no, cold turkey,for dope smokers.The addiction for marijuana is psychological not physical,so it's about the same as giving up tobacco.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
His order could easily have been laced with 'skunk' - hash with very high THC levels

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
His order could easily have been laced with 'skunk' - hash with very high THC levels

Skunk? Where I come from that's just really stinky dirt weed.

You might want to look into vapourizers as a method of smoking, but I think those are used mostly for weed and not hash.

Something else that he might try are pure THC crystals. If you use a coffee grinder to chop up the pot (rather than scissors) you'll notice a dry powder that collects in the grinder. It can be scraped out with a small spoon or knife and then smoked. Holy hell is that strong.

His order doesn't have to be "laced" with anything for him to get a great high and then be paranoid. Though it's more likely that the paranoia will come at the same time as the high, especially for a first time smoker.

I'm not sure why/how a business that sells hash would lace it. That seems to me like a bar serving drinks with roofies in them.

As to withdrawal, it is entirely psycological. No real physical symptoms. There may be shaking and distraction and dry mouth, but those are more likely due to anxiety about wanting to smoke and not allowing himself to smoke. He'll probably want to dissociate himself from just about everyone he knows. Most pot smokers hang out exclusively with other pot smokers.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
It has been suggested that the smoking of more potent forms of cannabis, known as "skunk", can result in something called cannabis psychosis, although this has not been conclusively proved. Skunk is a generic name used to describe the 100 or so varieties of cannabis plant that have higher-than-average levels of THC. Skunk may also contain higher levels of the 40 other substances in cannabis that are thought to be capable of having an effect on the body.

Traditional varieties of cannabis have a THC content of between 2 and 4 per cent, while some varieties of skunk can have THC levels of up to 20 per cent. Some users say the immediate effect of smoking skunk is that they get stoned more quickly. They also report higher levels of transient hallucinations, which are particularly common in people who have already taken LSD, a known hallucinogenic drug.

Skunk's potency can sometimes catch people out if they have been used to more dilute forms of cannabis. As a result they can suffer from anxiety attacks and feelings of mild paranoia.

Lifted from http://www.mapinc.org/drugnews/v06/n838/a02.html?999

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. As I said, where I come from anything called 'skunk' is just really stinky. I guess this is just proof that vernacular changes based on the location of the speaker.

And that cannabis psychosis... I refer you to my THC crystals. I don't recommend operating heavy machinery after intake.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score