PDA

View Full Version : Heidi's new blog

HeidiHole
07-07-2009, 05:23 PM
http://shelterfromthestorm.today.com (http://shelterfromthestorm.today.com)

Many more entertaining posts to come. The goal is one per day, Monday through Friday.

stormie
07-07-2009, 05:31 PM
A few things:

For free, you can use blogger.com or wordpress.com and you wouldn't have all those ads.

Also, separate your words in your title as Shelter From The Storm. It reads better.

I like your writing style. That's because it's similar to mine :D Seriously, though, it's a good read.

Your take on living in a shelter is first hand, and I wish it weren't, only because I feel for you and wish you did still live on your own. But getting the word out about what it's like there is good.

pmadams
07-07-2009, 06:15 PM
I agree that you should probably look for a better blog site. I use wordpress and blogspot. They are both free and have really great templates.
That being said, I really do like your content. I find your subject very interesting, as many people will never know what it is like to live in a shelter. You offer a comical glimpse into what lots of others really don't understand. You have a great attitude and outlook and I hope you continue writing.

Fokker Aeroplanbau
07-07-2009, 07:00 PM
Reminds me too much of a basic 'flash in the pan' blogsite. I think you have some quality writing that could appeal to many people but since it looks so basic it could turn potential readers away.

spamwarrior
07-07-2009, 07:50 PM
I like the writing. However I agree with the others that you should probably seek wordpress or blogspot. Those are easy to keep and maintain and they have prettier templates. All the ads can be a huge turnoff from your wonderful writing.

TabithaTodd
07-07-2009, 08:08 PM
wordpress is easy but I like what I read greatly. You have amazing writing potential.

veinglory
07-07-2009, 10:19 PM
I would also suggest not using Today.com. Not only is their template fuggly when you write for them it is work for hire--they have copyright to anything you produce, forever.

judytrickett
07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
I too like your style. I think you have something there. I will also agree that the template/host might need a change.

razibahmed
07-08-2009, 12:23 AM
I also agree with everyone that you should buy a domain. However, whatever you do, please, do not go to Wordpress.com (free version of WordPress) because it will allow you to put your Ads (you have put Adsense Code in the blog). I agree with Veinglory that you should promote Today.com as many bloggers suffered with them.
Yes, you have a great topic and you are covering the topic quite nicely. It has the potential to become a celebrity blog someday.

stormie
07-08-2009, 02:27 AM
I also agree with everyone that you should buy a domain. However, whatever you do, please, do not go to Wordpress.com (free version of WordPress) because it will allow you to put your Ads (you have put Adsense Code in the blog). I agree with Veinglory that you should promote Today.com as many bloggers suffered with them.
Yes, you have a great topic and you are covering the topic quite nicely. It has the potential to become a celebrity blog someday.
I don't think Heidi can buy a domain right now, but only she can answer that. I have no problem with the free wordpress.com No ads and it's easy to use. So is blogspot.com Check out my blog.

HeidiHole
07-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks, everyone, for your comments and suggestions. All I wanted at this point in time was a place to post some text and link to it. Most blogging sites are blocked on this public computer as social networking sites. If I could get back on Blogspot, I would. They have IMO the most attractive pages.