Looking for a Trumpet Player

kdbeaar

Trying to finish at least 1 ms!
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. Welcome to my first-ever post!--although I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. What an amazing site; I'm so happy I found it.

I'm hoping there's a trumpet player out there who can answer a question for me. I need the name of a song--any song--a casual trumpet player might play when just fooling around at home, for his own enjoyment. Kind of a jazzy number, not part of a symphony or anything. Just a fun thing to play for relaxation. If it has a 'tricky' section--so much the better.

Thanks for your help!

Karen

hammerklavier

It was a dark and stormy night
Registered
Reaction score
What era of jazz? 20's 30's 40's 50's or later?

Dommo

On Mac's double secret probation.
Registered
Reaction score
Look up the song stardust.

It's kind of a ballad but was very popular back in the day.

kdbeaar

Trying to finish at least 1 ms!
Registered
Reaction score
Thank you all, for your wonderful suggestions.

I'm so excited to have found this site, words fail me! (That's probably not a good thing, if I intend to write...) :eek:

Karen

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When the saints go marching in?

Or is that more for a saxophone?

Last edited:

Tnonk

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know if you still need info on this but...
I played Trumpet in High School & for many years afterwards.
I agree with Barb D on the Glenn Miller tune 'In the Mood' I played it warming up and just plain goofing off.
It would also depend on the era as hammerklavier mentioned. I was in high school in the 70's so a lot of my jazz came from the likes of Herb Alpert, Al Hirt, Bill Chase, Doc Severinson, Chuck Mangione (not a Trumpet - he played the fluglehorn - but really great jazz) and last but certainly not least - the tumpet GOD of the 70's Maynard Ferguson.
If you need more, such as tune names or just general info - let me know.

Adrian

Smish

Reads more than she writes.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello, all. Welcome to my first-ever post!--although I've been lurking here for a few weeks now. What an amazing site; I'm so happy I found it.

I'm hoping there's a trumpet player out there who can answer a question for me. I need the name of a song--any song--a casual trumpet player might play when just fooling around at home, for his own enjoyment. Kind of a jazzy number, not part of a symphony or anything. Just a fun thing to play for relaxation. If it has a 'tricky' section--so much the better.

Thanks for your help!

Karen

I'm a trumpet player. I was quite serious from childhood through college, but now my trumpet rarely leaves its case.

However, when I do pull it out, I always play Summertime (Gershwin) -- low level of difficulty, as part of my warm up. And I also always end up playing Carnival of Venice -- very high level of difficulty in some of the movements.

And Flight of the Bumblebee is fun, too -- medium difficulty.

:)Smish