• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta Needed for 4K short story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skye Jules

March 15th: Issue 1 release
Registered
Reaction score
I've been out of luck with finding competent beta readers, so much that it's depressing me. They never get back to me, and I never hear from them again.

Basically, I just want to make sure it's good and makes sense. An old beta reader edited the beginning and that was it. But it was enough to know that there might be a problem. Basically, this story takes place in the 19th century, alternate universe, I guess, even though it takes place in England in a made-up village. Basically, Catholicism dominates most of the world, and the pope does execute people who speak out against it. He does these personally himself. The beta reader who only edited the beginning had a problem with the personality of the pope, saying that he needs to be a patient man, and had a problem with the pope executing people.

I just want to make sure that in the beginning I'm clear that this is the 19th century, that it's a basic alternate universe--and in being an alternate universe, aren't I allowed to twist history? And if not feel free to help me.

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
What genre is it? Not that it matters, but I'd like to know. I could do a 4k story in no time, even with a LBL. I've beta read several short stories, three novels and a screenplay. One novel, I did a LbL for. 120k words with a LbL critique. It took me a while, but I got through it.

Basically, I'd be willing to do it for you, but I'd like to know the genre, and what type of critique/beta read (in specifics) you want.

Skye Jules

March 15th: Issue 1 release
Registered
Reaction score
It's of the Literary aspect (not really a genre, but the bookstore treats it like one), and I would love a full critique--editing, if you will.

Well, your beta reading credentials please me very much! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.