Camping

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
:) I have not been camping since I was 8 years old. Lately I've been wanting to go again badly. Does anyone else like camping?

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
Yes. We used to go all the time when I was a kid. It's been a few years now. Maybe I should set up the tent in the backyard. :D

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
We went camping a couple of weeks ago. It's entirely different from what I remember. I remember going with a tent, a radio, and a bottle of tequila. It requires a lot more stuff and a lot less tequila when camping with small children.

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My partner and I love to camp. We do four or five camping trips over the summer--mostly car camping, and a little backpacking. Southern Cali is full of good lakes to camp at, and they are all close to quaint little SoCal towns with wineries and breweries and such.

When we camp my partner loves to fish, and I love to write and also Do Nothing. Sitting in a chair staring at a lake is one of the very best places to do nothing.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
We camp very often and are going again this weekend and also on Labor Day weekend. We love it!

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
I liked camping as a kid and teen, but I've only done it once since I turned 20.

It's an affordable vacation if you can get the gear easily.

aadams73

A Work in Progress
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe I should set up the tent in the backyard. :D

I used to do that all the time when I was a kid. :D

I love camping. Haven't been in ages. I don't mind snuggling up to someone in a sleeping bag at all. :D

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I love camping. There's a campsite only 15 minutes from where I live. Awesome place. And then a state park about 40 minutes away.

I also like doing cabins in the mountains. Great way to get away for a few days without sacrificing feature comfort. But there's nothing like roughing it. Love it.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
We went on a road trip and did some camping recently. If you haven't got all the gear, one place we stayed we got a "yurt," which cost about $14 a night - a little round cabin with electricity, basic mattresses, and a little heater. It was the perfect thing for us, and I would totally do it again. One of the things I hate about tenting is how you can't stand up and dirt always gets tracked inside. The yurt eliminates both of those issues. Also, you can bring regular bedding if you don't have sleeping bags, and they have locks so you can stash your stuff inside during the day. I think a lot of national parks are starting to try these out now.

Rcm

Registered
Reaction score
went camping last weekend and am going again this coming weekend. Can't wait, best thing to do in the summer ever!

Just sit back relax, and watch the pretty flames in the fire pit.

Oh...and don't forget the bug spray :Sun:

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I need to find a camping buddy.