PDA

View Full Version : Favorite TV Marathons???

dgiharris
07-04-2009, 01:25 AM
So, with Fourth of July in the States Coming up, I was settling in to enjoy my favorite TV Marathon

The Twilight Zone

Absolutely love the old series, phenonmenal writing.

So, thought I'd pose the question to you big brain types.

What are your favorite TV Marathons?

State your cases, and let the cage fights begin

Mel...

alleycat
07-04-2009, 01:33 AM
Ha! When I saw the thread title the first thing that came to mind was a TZ marathon.

Of course, these days you don't have to wait for a marathon. Many of the TZ episode are online.

By the way, for any TZ fans here, there's a documentary on Rod Serling's life that's interesting: Submitted for Your Approval. I also have the book, The Twilight Zone Companion which has details and photo of every TZ episode.

som1luvsmi
07-04-2009, 01:40 AM
FIREFLY!!!!!!!!!!

'Nough said. :D

dgiharris
07-04-2009, 01:42 AM
FIREFLY!!!!!!!!!!Nough said. :D

Can't start a thread around here without those Brown coats worming their way in there :D

Mel...

CheshireCat
07-04-2009, 02:04 AM
Twilight Zone, of course.

But I also get into Deadliest Catch marathons.

And South Park marathons.

Zoombie
07-04-2009, 12:47 PM
Funnily, when I was younger, before DVDs, it was the Simpson marathons that got me GLUED to the screen for HOURS. And I'd tape them.

But then the Simpsons went down hill, then DVDs came out...

And I'm pretty happy about that, actually. Marathons can kinda suck sometimes, what with commercials and you have to be in a specific place at a specific time.

Give me internet TV that I can access any time I want, with two or three commercial breaks in there, or GIVE ME DEATH!

Seriously, if every TV show did what South Park did (http://www.southparkstudios.com/)) then I think we'd all be much happier...

I'd be happer...

childeroland
07-04-2009, 07:13 PM
The Honeymooners
Star Trek: TOS
Battlestar Galactica

regdog
07-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Deadliest Catch
The States
The Presidents
Parking Wars

Wavy_Blue
07-04-2009, 08:30 PM
Not a TV show, but I love the Christmas Story marathon that runs from Christmas Eve through Christmas day. It's a part of my holiday memories.

dgiharris
07-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Not a TV show, but I love the Christmas Story marathon that runs from Christmas Eve through Christmas day. It's a part of my holiday memories.

It is a testament to the brilliant writing, acting, and directing that that movie holds up 20 years after its release.

That movie is just so timeless.

Question? Do kids nowadays watch it?

As for another marathon that I love (though haven't seen it in a while)

the I LOVE LUCY marathons.

When I was a kid, I thought those episodes were from the 30s LOL.

Anyways, amazing how well that show holds up today. The grandmother of the modern sitcom...

Mel...

KTC
07-04-2009, 09:55 PM
I once watched a day long marathon of The Dog Whisperer. I really enjoyed it.

Grrarrgh
07-11-2009, 04:37 AM
I always watch the Christmas Story marathon. Occasionally I'll watch a Ghost Hunters marathon. I saw that the TZ marathon was on, although I didn't watch it. I can't remember the last time I sat down and watched one on TV. I will sometimes throw in a DVD of a TV series. Right now, for example, I'm enjoying some wine and a marathon of the fabulous Friday Night Lights. It's quite a lovely way to spend a Friday night. :)

Chasing the Horizon
07-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I watched the Twilight Zone marathon all day and all night on the 4th. Better than fireworks :D

I truly don't understand this fascination people have with that Christmas Story movie. My dad watches that marathon every Christmas. I was bored to tears watching that movie once, let alone over and over again.

underthecity
07-13-2009, 04:09 AM
Unfortunately, I wasn't at home enough to catch the TZ marathon, although I used to watch it when it was on local reruns at night.

Other marathons:

Star Trek (TOS), on rare occasions they show it on SciFi all day (now SyFy).

The Flintstones. One weekend on Boomerang they showed every single episode, first to last. I watched as many as I could and rediscovered how great the show was. I was stunned about how that while it was a children's cartoon that it was very adult. And as a kid, I never caught all those adult references.

Three's Company. One time either last year or the year before, I think TV Land showed the whole series over the weekend. I watched as many as I could. No writing got done those two days.

scarletpeaches
07-13-2009, 04:10 AM
What are your favorite TV Marathons?

The one where Paula Radcliffe took a dump in the street.