10 Things I Hate About You - the series

DagnyTaggart

Have you all seen the ads for this yet?

They made a series inspired by the film! It starts on ABC Family next week. I have high hopes - Buffy the Vampire Slayer was an AWESOME movie made into an even AWESOMER show, I bet this follows suit.

fairy86

Loose on the internet!
Registered
Reaction score
Have you all seen the ads for this yet?

They made a series inspired by the film! It starts on ABC Family next week. I have high hopes - Buffy the Vampire Slayer was an AWESOME movie made into an even AWESOMER show, I bet this follows suit.

Oh that's awesome. I can't wait for this! :hooray:

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
The guy who plays Heath Ledger's character looks weird to me. There's one part in the ad where he looks very Edward-ish, and instead of saying whatever line he says I expect him to say something creepy and "bwahahahaha".

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I love the movie, and therefore worry about the show.

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
I love the movie - it was filmed at my old high school - Stadium High in Tacoma (yes, that castle-like structure is really a high school).

Julie Stiles was adorable in the movie. It will be interesting to see how the show goes.

underthecity

Finestkind
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.allensedge.com
10 Things is one of my wife's favorite movies--I can take it or leave it. I saw the promos for it, and is it a comedy or a drama? I wasn't clear on that.

Also, since the movie had an actual ending, that is, everything was all wrapped up, I have to wonder if the series is a "continuation" of the film, or is it a basic high school TV series inspired by the film, with characters and locations the same, but whatever was resolved in the film is unresolved in the series (i.e., Kat forever chasing Heath Ledger's character, etc.).

MissKris

Is the random.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristindmiller.com
Okay, just watched the clips. Not impressed. I don't like the acress playing Kat - she just doesn't have the natural attitudicity for playing the role. And it's cheesy.

Pass.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Just saw another ad. The girl who plays Bianca's best friend looks eerily like Gabrielle Union.

MattW

Company Man
Registered
Reaction score
You know what we need on television?? More high school dramas.

Rebekah7

Unofficial Jester
Registered
Reaction score
I saw a trailer for it when I went to see The Hangover (one of those special extra-long commercial things before the actual movie trailers). It looked like a comedy that wanted to be a drama. Not a mix of satire and seriousness, but satire taking itself too seriously.

I think it needs more toothbrushes. Yep. You can never get enough toothbrushes...Or cupcakes.

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
I think this look really stupid and is a horrible idea. I loved the movie and I think they should just leave it alone.

I have zero hope of this show actually being good.

ylrebmik

Registered
Reaction score
I'm really disappointed it's being made into a show. It was a really good movie... and the new actors/actresses will not live up to what the original ones did. Stiles, Heath... come on... :(

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I just saw an ad for this and wasn't impressed. I'm not sure what the point of it is; like someone said up-thread, the story was wrapped up at the end of the movie. I may download the free ep from Itunes, but I'd be surprised if I enjoyed it. But we'll see.

DagnyTaggart

I'm a huge fan of the movie, too!

And I have a lot of confidence in the show because it has the support of the original cast/crew -- Gil Junger, the director is coming back to produce and Larry Miller (the super funny dad) is back to reprise his roll again.

I'm definitely watching tonight!

DagnyTaggart

OK - so let's hear some reviews. Anyone catch this yet?

I was really delighted with the writing! It's very witty and modern - facebook jokes, Harry Potter references.

I say give it a shot, you may be surprised at what fun it is to watch!

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I thought it was really horrible, with none of the charm of the original. I went in expecting to like it, too.

It had some good lines, most of them delivered by the guy who plays Bianca and Kat's father. But I didn't like the guy playing Patrick (he may be Gregory Peck's grandson, but he came across as a giant black hole--wooden and without personality. Maybe he'll get better?), and most of the time it just seemed like everyone was trying too hard.

I'll give it a few more episodes, but I'm not hopeful.

AmandaAcidic

Good morning beautiful!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
amandalynb.blogspot.com
I caught on episode because there was nothing else on.

And it was even worse then I thought it was going to be. Which is saying something.

The only thing it has going for it is the guy who plays Patrick is at least sort of attractive. But only sorta.

Definitely won't be watching again.

DagnyTaggart

The only thing it has going for it is the guy who plays Patrick is at least sort of attractive.

Oooh I think he's definitely TDH - tall, dark, and handsome - and possesses that elusive teen heartthrob quality. I think Ethan Peck is going to go places. Plus his deep voice is just so... mesmerizing. Hehe.

Millicent M'Lady

Exploring the infinite abyss
Registered
Reaction score
Oh my God, this was awful. The girl who plays Bianca has to be one of the worst actresses I've seen in a long long time. She has none of the charm or grace of the original Bianca (Larissa Oleynik).

Actaully, scratch that. None of them have the natural charm of the original cast. The guy who plays Cameron is woefully bad. It's trying way too hard. I have hope for the girl who places Kat though. I'm hopeful she might redeem herself.

Leasie

Surrender, Dorothy!
Registered
Reaction score
While i know it wasn't brilliant television I still found myself enjoying it, even if I do want Bianca to grow some sort of back bone. But i enjoyed it for what it was.

DagnyTaggart

While i know it wasn't brilliant television I still found myself enjoying it, even if I do want Bianca to grow some sort of back bone. But i enjoyed it for what it was.

Oh I think Bianca is definitely going to grow a backbone... but I think it's going to take awhile. She needs to find herself first before she can start standing up for herself. But if she and Kat come from the same genes, you KNOW it's in there somewhere.