Not open for further replies.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Just can't stop playing this. I love it, which is amazing when you consider there are really only four levels which take 30-40 minutes to complete.

It's the team aspect I like most. I've played online a bit but I'm not exactly set up for it so I'm usually with the 3 CPU characters which aren't nearly as frustrating as I thought they were going to be. But yeah, it's the camaraderie.

And Left 4 Dead 2 looks awesome.

Anybody else got faves--

Character - Bill, he's the dad of the group.
Weapon - Auto shottie (hunting rifle is an unexpected close second)
Molotov/Pipe-bomb? - Molotov. Nothing more satisfying than hearing the horde music and laying down a wall of fire for them to run into.
Level? - Tough one... It's either No Mercy or Death Toll. I think Death Toll has the best variety of environments and the Riverside ending is more challenging than the other levels, especially once the boat arrives and the damn CPU characters get lost on their way to rescue.
Witch - Crown or avoid? Used to avoid but if I've got a shotgun, crowing is damnably satisfying.

Can't wait for 2. Wandering witches is probably the most genius thing I've heard all year. :e2chain:

freeman801

Registered
Reaction score
I enjoy a romp or two about the city killing zombies every now and then.

I never enjoyed playing online. The past couple times I tried then got yelled at for sucking.

I'M SORRY I DONT WASTE HOURS UPON HOURS A DAY PLAYING A VIDEO GAME GETTING GOOD ENOUGH TO BE YOUR TEAMMATE.

/end rant.

On the other hand, I love playing with the computer! The game doesn't feel like a time suck so I can play a level for thirty minutes, have fun, and get back to life

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Yeah, I'd agree. There's nothing better than getting online with 4 people you know but I've never felt good playing with strangers. If you join and they're all yelling at each other, it usually means they take it all quite seriously. And if they take it seriously, man, you'd better not accidentally shoot one of them in the back of the head with a shotgun. :)

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
If you join and they're all yelling at each other, it usually means they take it all quite seriously. And if they take it seriously, man, you'd better not accidentally shoot one of them in the back of the head with a shotgun. :)

Deliberately shooting them in the back of the head because they are shouting too much is also frowned upon. Doesn't mean I'm not going to do it.

shawkins

Ahhh. Sweet.
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
I LOVE this game.

ETA: Are you guys PC or console? If PC and you wanna kill some zombies in a literate, AW sort of way, add me to your friend list. I'm "shawkins" srhatsynsoft.

ETA x2: Actually, my uname should be dumbass. 'shawkins' is my screen alias. If anybody sent an invite I'm not ignoring you, i didn't get it. Try srhatsynsoft.

Last edited:

Bmwhtly

Yes, I'm back.
Registered
Reaction score
The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of
I haven't played this, but I recently became aware that everyone else with opposable thumbs does play, so I had a little look on Amazon.

Needless to say, one watch of the trailer/video/movie thing and I've ordered it. I also watched the trailer/video/movie thing a few more times. :)

Clockverk said:
It's the team aspect I like most. I've played online a bit but I'm not exactly set up for it so I'm usually with the 3 CPU characters which aren't nearly as frustrating as I thought they were going to be.
That's what I liked about Republic Commando so it's another good reason to play it.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Hm... we've potentially got ourselves a neat little team here... ;)

And yeah, I'm biased but that intro movie is one of the best that's ever been made. Not just because of the quality but because it tells you exactly what you're in for without stretching the truth.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Left 4 Dead 2nd DLC, including new campaign mission Crash Course is due for release tomorrow (finally). Should update automatically through Steam. Happy hunting!

Irysangel

She of Many Names
Registered
Reaction score
Husband just called to tell me Crash Course is now available!

Not that I was um, waiting for it or anything. Cough.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
:D

I'm downloading as we speak and it's nauseatingly slow. Grrr... I wants me some gun shootin', darnit.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Hm...

Well. It was certainly short, like they said it would be. Uh... lots of trucks and cars about the place. Some new dialogue I heard. I think. So...

L4D2 comes out when? ;)

(seriously, that warehouse depot/truck yard was bigger than the one in friggin' Newark.)

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I'm just stating on the record that my copy of L4D2 did not arrive a day early today. No, definitely not. Didn't happen.

In unrelated news I will be busy for the next week, effective immediately.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Yeah, Ellis is fun. And the others are growing on me more than I thought they would.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Shawkins and I just tore it up on Hard Rain. Very, very fun!

Anybody out there who'd like to join us (PC) and doesn't mind (for now at least) tolerating my easy-setting noobishness, feel free to add me as well.

Steam name is Skycoda.

Shawkin's Steam name (posted upthread) is srhatsynsoft.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I love L4D2. I've been playing on the easy setting so far, which IMO, is almost as hard as the hard setting on the original game. I've played through all of the campaigns at least once, and I really like them. I like all of the new weapons and the melee weapons (who knew a guitar or frying pan could be so lethal). I don't play much online unless it's with people I know, so I haven't gotten to try out the Scavenge mode or Survival mode. Anyone else try those? I'd like to, I just haven't been able to bring myself to go online yet. As much as I enjoy the game, I'm not a very good player. :)

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
Don't worry about that. The online games are set up according to their difficult so you can join an easy version of whatever campaign you want. I've not had a bad experience online yet though I'm not a die-hard online player. A headset/mic isn't vital, most people just type if need be. And you can always set up a friends-only match. Not played Survival much, I tend to prefer games that you can complete in some way rather than just waiting to die! ;)

If you play on PC, add Shawkins and I (srhatsynsoft and Skycoda) through Steam and we'll get together one night. :)

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I'm refusing to buy L4D2 until this stupid country gives up its idiotic censorship regime. I'm not buying a sanitised version of a zombie game.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
I didn't realise a modified version had been released, I thought they just refused it altogether. The Australian version removes "decapitation, dismemberment, wound detail and piles of dead bodies." That is a shame.

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I didn't realise a modified version had been released, I thought they just refused it altogether. The Australian version removes "decapitation, dismemberment, wound detail and piles of dead bodies." That is a shame.

It's even more ridiculous when you consider that the original game was passed intact, with all the decapitation and dismemberment there in bloody glory. The capriciousness of the censors in this country is almost as irritating as the fact they exist in the first place.

clockwork

In the zone...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
redzonefilm.net
2 is definitely more graphic than the first one in terms of heads and limbs flying off and bowels pouring out and blood splattering all over but, comparing it to the first one, it's like a calorie counter worrying about putting a cherry on top of a very fattening sundae.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
2 is definitely more graphic than the first one in terms of heads and limbs flying off and bowels pouring out and blood splattering all over but, comparing it to the first one, it's like a calorie counter worrying about putting a cherry on top of a very fattening sundae.

mr-creosote.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.