6 New Personality Disorders Caused by the Internet

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
This is the guy who makes a new thread, knowing he's just written the absolutely perfect post. A post that should be heralded across the Internet for its beauty, comedy and insight. It is such a good post that the guy is checking every five seconds to see if there is a new response. If he gets a response he quickly dashes out his own reply that will appear half a second later.

If there are no responses to his perfect post then he will wait an eternity of five minutes before replying to his own thread with, "What, nobody has a comment? Helloooo???"
and
These are the people who lurk around innocently enough, and then, one day, tragedy strikes. Their dog, or parent, or maybe a close friend died. Maybe the poster themselves found out they have a terminal disease. And unless you're on 4chan, the group will generally rally around and shower them with sympathy. You send this person your prayers and well wishes, maybe a few dozen kitten pictures and you hope they will get through it.

Then, a few months later, another tragedy strikes them. Their best friend was raped, or paralyzed in an accident, or both. A few months after that, their father dies. Again.
Great stuff. ETA: The entire article is fantastic.

http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet.html

Last edited:
Reaction score
I admit it. I'm a grammar Nazi. I'm just trying to heal the world with my superior word-majicks.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
You're just a Djinni in a bottle, right, SP? :)

Last edited:

spamwarrior

rewriting.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
acurrentundersea.wordpress.com
That is so funny. On other places I've had people post something and then 5 seconds later say, "I guess no one cares about me. No one replied." I read the exchange between "Liz" and the poor other person... wow. Just wow.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I read the exchange between "Liz" and the poor other person... wow. Just wow.

Yeah.

"If I wanted you to call me by any other name, I would have offered that to you. I think it's rude when people don't even ask permission and take all sorts of liberties with your name. This is a real sore spot with me. My name has a lot of "nicknames" which I don't use. I use either my first name or my last name because I row with a lot of other women who share the same first name. Now, please do not ever call me by a nickname again."

*blink blink*

Soooo... Liz, Lizzie, Betty, Babs...how's it goin'? :ROFL:

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
The article was hilarious and it's funny how each of the examples certain people both in real life and online came to mind.

My grandmother-in-law and my aunt both have that fake a disease for attention. Or at the very least exaggerate it. Do NOT ask them how they've been, you'll never hear the end of all their aches and pains and how horrible it's been.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Okay...for the record...when I start an assbreakingly wicked and hilarious thread...I don't go running in to see if people are posting on it and wetting themselves over how funny it is. GAWD!

shut up

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
I licked this link. I'm NOT A GRAMMAR NAZI !!!! Anyone who says I am is a DIPWICK. I am, however an EXPERT at finding typos. In fact I'm so good at it that I could sell the service online. Any takers?

euclid

Where did I put me specs?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jjtoner.com
The article was hilarious and it's funny how each of the examples certain people both in real life and online came to mind.

My grandmother-in-law and my aunt both have that fake a disease for attention. Or at the very least exaggerate it. Do NOT ask them how they've been, you'll never hear the end of all their aches and pains and how horrible it's been.

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt (not with your relatives, obviously)

icerose

Lost in School Work
Registered
Reaction score
I licked this link. I'm NOT A GRAMMAR NAZI !!!! Anyone who says I am is a DIPWICK. I am, however an EXPERT at finding typos. In fact I'm so good at it that I could sell the service online. Any takers?

Was it yummy? ;)