I Am A Mondrian

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:popcorn: ...most interesting...anyone want to buy me? I will be posted on E-bay. This was cool.:banana:

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute! It said I was normal. You know that can't be right.

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Unique said:
Hey, wait a minute! It said I was normal. You know that can't be right.

Well, maybe just in the mathematical sense: normal vectors are perpendicular, and that's Mondrian all over. Don't take it personally; I'll bet you got extremely unusual rectangles!

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
robeiae said:
Gee, I look like a WASP...

Rob :)

Hmmm. Is it accurate?

Mine turns out in shades of beige. How do you think that feels? Urrgh.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Mine was disappointingly boring. Squares, etc with a few colors.

sniff, sniff...... how apt - sob!!

DragonHeart

Oerba Yun Fang
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thefinalfantasy.com
Meh, mine ended up mostly off-white, with a small section of brown and a smaller section of red. I thought I was slightly more interesting than that. Oh well, I'll just have to take that again in a few years and see what happens. :p

~DragonHeart~

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
DragonHeart said:
Meh, mine ended up mostly off-white, with a small section of brown and a smaller section of red. I thought I was slightly more interesting than that. Oh well, I'll just have to take that again in a few years and see what happens. :p

~DragonHeart~

See, the truth* is that Mondrian found bright colours boring. He reduced most of his canvases to contain only horizontals and verticals, with primary colours. These, to him, were the building blocks of our world. In order to re-invent the human social environment, he first had to decompose it into its basic elements.

Therefore, in Mondrian's world, secondary and compound colours are eminently complex and sophisticated. However, diagonals would be heretical, and curves would be simply absurd.

So, if your image came out as subtly-coloured rectangles, you're obviously an incredibly interesting, profound soul!

*: I'm really just winging it based on fading memories of art history class.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Then, I am truly profound.

I had a long black rectangle about a fourth of the way down. And, a few lines, of course.

I love Mondrian's pieces. Mine would not have made it out of his studio, though.

mdmkay

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.mdmkay.blogspot.com
my was bright yellow and white with intersecting lines with 3 lines part way down close together............pretty picture didn't understand it what so ever so if dull is profound...................mine was bright...........well we all know what that means

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
poetinahat said:
Well, maybe just in the mathematical sense: normal vectors are perpendicular, and that's Mondrian all over. Don't take it personally; I'll bet you got extremely unusual rectangles!

Actually, I didn't have any rectangles at all. Just lines in varying widths - black, white & grey overall. Reminiscent of a swatch of plaid...hmmm, plaid....there was another thread mentioning plaid. Maybe I should see if there are any openings left over there......

NathanBrazil

riff-raff
Registered
Reaction score
Lots a lines, similar to a previous poster and the letter 'P'. Sorry just had to Necro this. :D

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good golly. I really *am* a total square! *cries*

Heh. I'm actually an assortment of rectangles, four dark browns stacked atop one another into a stripe dominating, with a thin red stripe. The rest is all white, white, white.

archerjoe

Registered
Reaction score
Apparently, Mondrian channels Frank Lloyd Wright when he paints me.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
I'm a series of straight lines crossing each other with a red square. I look like the friggin Partridge Family bus. Cool