Bettielee is lighting out for the territories....

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Anyone wanna join? I've had enough of the real world. I am going to get on a pony and ride...

I've got turkey/cheddar cheese sandwiches on soft rolls with tomato, lettuce and mayo. Mustard on the side, if you are like that. The pack pony will haul the mini fridge, stocked with diet soda. Lots of diet soda. Brownies for desert (all good ridin' food.)

I imagine we will stop in the shade at noon to eat lunch and read, surrounded by waist high grass. I hope to find adventure, desperado's to foil, saloon's with batwing doors, and on occasion, ride through small medieval towns with innkeepers in need of hard calibers. (there are no rules in the territories, don't tell me batwings and barbicans don't mix, I won't hear it!)

So who's with?

Marcus

sept 5th and I'm Out
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not going unless I get to take my long bottom weed with me to keep me calm when the wolves arrive to eat everyone. :Shrug:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'd settle for a weekend cabin in the woods above a river or lake.

And guess what . . . I might just build one. I have a real estate agent sending me property listing for land along the Red River in Tennessee.

Oh, and Alan Jackson's house here in Nashville is for sale. It's on the Harpeth River. Asking price: $38 million.

http://www.wsmv.com/entertainment/19904132/detail.html Nice, but I need more space. ;-)

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Until a few months ago I also had 60 acres out in the country. Your ponies could have grazed all they wanted.

The next-door neighbors had horses (and one stubborn mule).

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Until a few months ago I also had 60 acres out in the country. Your ponies could have grazed all they wanted.

The next-door neighbors had horses (and one stubborn mule).

Sigh... I drive out of my way to drive past the hillside boarding stable so I can see the horses up on the mountain. Why oh Why did you leave the country?

Sarah - there are no bugs in the territories, except butterflies and pretty moths. Unless there is a dark mage summoning cockroaches for evil purposes. Should we come across him, I am sure we will defeat him.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Can I be a desperado? Huh? Can I, can I, can I? Please.

I have a Winchester 1894! That's a good cattle rustler's gun. And I have some black slacks from Eddie Bauer (all the good desperadoes wore black).

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You guys are going to turn this into a Girls Scout outing! What next? S'mores?

Remind me to tell you my story about being the only 14-year-old boy among some four-hundred Girls Scouts one time (I was "volunteered" to help one of our neighbors with the tents). Trust me, four-hundred frisky 12 and 13-year-old pubescent girls can be a scary sight.

Last edited:

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Alleycat - yes, do tell the story of the Girl Scout close encounter. I don't know what it will do for your rep as a desperado... street cred might suffer a little...
Those Girl Scouts had hungry eyes . . .

som1luvsmi

My brother loves me thiiis much! :)
Registered
Reaction score
About a block away from the nuthouse...they've sta
Website
randomlyabstract.blogspot.com
copy-of-dscn4602.jpg

They're coated in cinnamon and sugar.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are we bringing fine china too?

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
pffttt! heck no. No fine china. Fingerfood, man. I'll have my tea in the castle or the duchy. This is my roughin' it thread. (don't anybody say anything about the mini fridge. You will enjoy it, too! I'm not going anywhere without diet soda. No mini fridge, no thread!)

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Just for any of you inexperience campers: don't wipe your butt with poison ivy as Stephen King once did.

Now that's gotta itch.

bettielee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
Indeed. Good advice. For a desperado, you are very well healed. I think you will need to wear a cravat. Perhaps an embroidered vest....

Well, trailhands... I have pages to write, and so I light out for the other set of imaginary territories, where the dragons reign and the Queen is as mad as a jack rabbit that's been in Marcus's weed.