PDA

View Full Version : SEEKING WRITING PARTNER...

jeffw98
07-01-2009, 02:08 AM
I am looking for a screenwriting partner. I have no credits... Yet.

It seems everyone looking wants a partner with several sold scripts. Or has Steven Spielberg's number on speed dial.

I have niether...

What I do have is a very creative mind. More than a few solid ideas. Determination. I am looking for a serious partner that can give as much as they receive. I have started a couple of scripts, but things have not connected. I am looking for a Partner that I can connect with, finish, re-write and get some scripts sold, HOPEFULLY!

I am looking to write within the Action/ drama, Genre. Though I will write within any, if the Story and Characters are strong.

You never know what can happen till you try. Witty and funny helps.
Let me know.

tonyajwilliams
07-01-2009, 03:19 AM
Exactly what are you looking to write?
Would you be interested in a real life story?
How do you imagine the colloboration would work?

jeffw98
07-01-2009, 04:03 AM
Exactly what are you looking to write?
Screenplays. In the Action and/or Drama Genre's.

Would you be interested in a real life story?
Hmm, that would be an awesome challenge. I guess if the root of the story touched me in some way. Then, yes. I guess I would.

How do you imagine the colloboration would work?
I had a partner before. It only lasted a few weeks before I broke it off. I didn't feel he was making a strong effort. Anyway, we used a few different things. He wrote with Screenwriter as did I. So, we used the ipartner feature within the program. And most times we did that, we were talking on Skype. I travel ALOT! So, sometimes we would e-mail each other.

It worked pretty good. Almost, like having him right at my side. Hope this answer's your ?

PortableHal
07-01-2009, 05:09 AM
jeffw98, what makes you think you need a writing partner? You're creative, determined, you're not lacking in ideas....

Why for the co-writer?

jeffw98
07-01-2009, 07:12 AM
jeffw98, what makes you think you need a writing partner? You're creative, determined, you're not lacking in ideas....

Why for the co-writer?

I have my idea's, scenes, characters, plot, so on and so on. I feel I am strong with dialogue. But, weak with action. I am finding it difficult to connect the whole story.

So, to answer the question: I feel that a co-writer could bring a fresh approach to the story, and to help connect the scenes so that the script could find a conclusion.