PDA

View Full Version : It's so hot outside...

Jcomp
06-30-2009, 08:47 PM
...I just watched Frodo and Sam destroy the ring by putting it in my mailbox.

It's so hot outside I set myself on fire to cool off.

It's so hot outside Hell just sued San Antonio for trademark infringement.

aadams73
06-30-2009, 08:51 PM

Amen to that. I've just been sitting in traffic down at Broadway and 410. Hell would be the better bet.

jennifer75
06-30-2009, 08:52 PM
...I just watched Frodo and Sam destroy the ring by putting it in my mailbox.

It's so hot outside I set myself on fire to cool off.

Well, Mister, if you'd taken MY advice LAST YEAR when you asked for somewhere to live other than your city....you'd be chillin in L.A....happy...cool...and content.

Angie
06-30-2009, 08:59 PM
It's a nice breezy 78 here today. Of course, we in the Midwest pay for our lovely summers with our terrible, horrible, very bad winters, but right now it's good. :D

regdog
06-30-2009, 09:01 PM
Sorry, that really stinks, JComp

We have a friend who lives in Houston and she said they had to turn the hose on the foundation of the house, because it's been so hot and dry for so long, the foundation is starting to crack. :(

Come to Massachusetts, it's about 70 and cloudy here. Been 60 and rainy most of June.

spamwarrior
06-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I don't feel the heat.

Mr Flibble
06-30-2009, 09:07 PM
90 bloody degrees in that shade

Yes, in England.

And in the warehouse at work it was 100 + .

*swelter*

My poor English body isn't used to this!

BenPanced
06-30-2009, 09:08 PM
We'll be lucky to crack 75 today.

Warmest they expect this week is Thursday and Friday at 82 and 83.

And, of course, it'll be 95 by Monday.

Jersey Chick
06-30-2009, 09:26 PM
It's in the upper 80s here, kind of sticky - but the sun is shining and it's been gray and rainy and generally crumpy (my 4 year old's version of "crappy") since the first week of June, so I'll take it...

sheadakota
07-01-2009, 04:21 AM
I keep waiting for summer to start! we had nicer weather in April than now- rained 14 freaking days in June! This weather sucks!!!!

Marcus
07-01-2009, 05:25 AM
never gets over 90-95 here... most of the time its a NICE 85-88 degrees. In the winter.. or "next Summer" as we call winter here... at night it only gets down to about 65...

even when its actually "hot" the wind makes the air really nice.

complain about everything else on Oahu, the weather isn't one of them.... :)

JoeEkaitis
07-01-2009, 05:41 AM
It's so hot outside, only a tall frosty glass of Tabasco sauce will cool you off.

dclary
07-01-2009, 06:33 AM
It was a-hundred-and-fuck today in Fresno.

Yech!

Jersey Chick
07-01-2009, 07:17 AM
A hundred and fuck - there's weather we don't often see. :D

2old2pb
07-01-2009, 07:26 AM
I think it hit 124 during the day on Saturday and was 97 at midnight. Lots of dust too.

meadows
07-01-2009, 07:27 AM
Gee, I wish it were that hot here! Downunder, it's cold! Middle of winter here, and it hasnt been above 10 degrees C for over a week, and minus 6 a few times (sorry, cant convert that to F).

Marcus
07-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Gee, I wish it were that hot here! Downunder, it's cold! Middle of winter here, and it hasnt been above 10 degrees C for over a week, and minus 6 a few times (sorry, cant convert that to F).

2.2 times C is the converter. 25F or roughly... dang that is cold!

Shadow_Ferret
07-01-2009, 07:48 AM
We're having a cool spell now.

firedrake
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
9.00 and it's still 101F

Fecking summer.

backslashbaby
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
90 degrees in England? :eek:

Naw, you defintely have to work up to that being comfortable. My condolences!!

It's not been so bad here yet; I only get bothered when it gets to high 90's-100's or when it gets hot too fast after a cold spring.

It is hot enough to keep my coffee hot all day when I run errands in the car :) That's a plus. You can also set a covered wok outside and come home to perfectly steamed veggies!

bettielee
07-01-2009, 08:53 AM
Spent the weekend melting at my sister's. Four days of 100+ temperature. Two of those days spent driving.

I wanted to die.

Captain Scarf
07-01-2009, 04:43 PM
As we speak I am melting across the keyboard jbefiuwvg;fgggggggwuebjkv nmd\cv

Seriously though, Britain just doesn't have the air-con to deal with anything above 'mild'

Bmwhtly
07-01-2009, 04:52 PM
We'll be lucky to crack 75 today.

I keep waiting for summer to start!

Gee, I wish it were that hot here!

We're having a cool spell now.
It's all your own fault!

If you drove gas-guzzlers like the rest of the world, your area would be globally warm by now, too.

BTW, due the abundance of Range Rovers in Scotland, we are also hot hot HOT!

Mr Flibble
07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
What's air con? :D

and hotter today than yesterday. There are disadvantages to working somewhere with a tin roof I've discovered. *swelter*

I feel a trip to the beach coming on.

Bmwhtly
07-01-2009, 05:06 PM
I just looked out of the office window. I don't know exactly what the temperature is, but it looks like outside has reached the melting point of shirt.

regdog
07-01-2009, 05:13 PM
This might make a lot of sweltering people mad. The weather reported that here is Massachusetts we did not have 1 full day of sun in the entire month of June. And only 4 days that reached close to 80. Most were 60-70's

And to start July it is 67 and overcast.

Bmwhtly
07-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Don't worry Reg, Hummer are opening a dealership there.

This time next year, you'll be having a barbeque without fire.

Mr Flibble
07-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I just looked out of the office window. I don't know exactly what the temperature is, but it looks like outside has reached the melting point of shirt.

There is that advantage. Lots of topless builders. :D

Downside - my boss without his shirt on. :(

Manix
07-01-2009, 05:34 PM
It's been beautiful here in Colorado. I don't have air conditioning, and it's been really warm but my house stays cool with the blinds drawn and this morning I turned on a few small electric fans and opened up the windows and it's nice until evening.

Then it gets stuffy again and I wish I had an attic fan to pull all the heat out of my bedroom upstairs, but it gets cool again durning the night. I live near a little lake so I get lots of breeze coming through at night.:)

regdog
07-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Don't worry Reg, Hummer are opening a dealership there.

This time next year, you'll be having a barbeque without fire.

Thanks, but no thanks, This time last year we were in our second or third miserable heat wave of that hotter than hell summer.

I'll take our cool, cloudy, rainy summer anyday.

spamwarrior
07-01-2009, 07:32 PM
Our summer will probably be similar to regdog's. Right now it's a thunderstorm.

Oberon
07-01-2009, 08:54 PM
Not so bad here, only 91 degrees. At midnight.

benbradley
07-01-2009, 09:35 PM
"It's not the heat, it's the humidity!"

Welcome to Georgia.

Kaiser-Kun
07-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Thankfully it looks like it'll rain today here. Yesterday we reached 113 F.

Jcomp
07-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Yesterday we had a "reprieve" from the merciless, torturous heat as it only got up to the mid-90's. This is why I had planned to move from here before th summer hit, but money and women got in the way.

Damn money and women, my only weaknesses...

...and bullets too, I suppose. Oh, and stab wounds. Sweltering temperatures, too...

bettielee
07-01-2009, 10:03 PM
Are you officially a Kaiser roll now?

Kaiser-Kun
07-02-2009, 02:07 AM
All I know is that I'm hotter than ever.

benbradley
07-02-2009, 02:38 AM
Yesterday we had a "reprieve" from the merciless, torturous heat as it only got up to the mid-90's. This is why I had planned to move from here before th summer hit, but money and women got in the way.

Damn money and women, my only weaknesses...

...and bullets too, I suppose. Oh, and stab wounds. Sweltering temperatures, too...
Don't let women keep you in one place, there are women everywhere...

Susie
07-02-2009, 03:07 AM
All it does it rain, rain, rain here and it still gets hotter and hotter and not in a good way! :)

rhymegirl
07-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Come to Massachusetts, it's about 70 and cloudy here. Been 60 and rainy most of June.

Yes, we've had the same weather in Rhode Island.

It was a-hundred-and-fuck today in Fresno.
Yech!

Interesting weather you're having there.

benbradley
07-02-2009, 04:55 AM
Interesting weather you're having there.
Did you get any video?

maestrowork
07-02-2009, 05:49 AM
100F = 37.7C

What F and C stand for is up to you.

JoeEkaitis
07-03-2009, 08:18 PM
It's so hot outside...

...I had to put the ice cream in the oven to keep it from melting.

shawkins
07-04-2009, 07:16 AM
It's hot.

Last night I walked out on the back porch to cook some burgers but by the time I got to the grill they were already burnt. My driveway is mushy. I sent my yellow lab outside to pee and he came back brown. The fire ants in the yard had a window unit put in. My thermometer blew up. Ice cream just went on strike.

On the plus side, I've got a good crop of popcorn coming up in the garden.

JoeEkaitis
07-05-2009, 08:02 PM
It's so hot outside...

...the villagers are begging St. George NOT to slay the dragon.

regdog
07-15-2009, 04:09 PM
Just got this forwarded e-mail from a friend in Texas.

Just moved to TEXAS ! Now this is a state that knows how to live!!

Beautiful sunny days and warm balmy evenings. What a place! It is beautiful. I've finally found my home. I love it here.

June 14th:

Really heating up. Got to 100 today. Not a problem. Live in an air-conditioned home, drive an air-conditioned car.
What a pleasure to see the sun everyday like this. I'm turning into a sun worshipper.

June 30th:

Had the backyard landscaped with western plants today. Lots of cactus and rocks. What a breeze to maintain. No more mowing the lawn for me.

Another scorcher today, but I love it here..

July 10th:

The temperature hasn't been below 100 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat?
At least, it's kind of windy though. But getting used to the heat is taking longer than I expected.

July 15th:

Fell asleep by the community pool. (Got 3rd degree burns over 60% of my body). Missed 3 days of work. What a dumb thing to do.
I learned my lesson though. Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

July 20th:

I missed Baby (my cat) sneaking into the car when I left this morning. By the time I got to the hot car at noon, Baby had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag, then popped like a water balloon.

The car now smells like Kibbles and bits
I learned my lesson though. No more pets in this heat.
Good ol' Mr. Sun strikes again.

July 25th:

The wind sucks. It feels like a giant freaking blow dryer!!
And it's hot as hell. The home air-conditioner is on the fritz and the AC repairman charged $200 just to drive by and tell me he needed to order parts.

July 30th:

Been sleeping outside on the patio for 3 nights now, $225,000 house and I can't even go inside. Baby is the lucky one. Why did I ever come here?

Aug. 4th:

It's 115 degrees. Finally got the air-conditioner fixed today.. It cost $500 and gets the temperature down to 85. I hate this stupid state.

Aug. 8th:

If another wise a$$ cracks, 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to strangle him. By the time I get to work, the radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking wet, and I smell like baked cat!!

Aug. 9th:

Tried to run some errands after work. Wore shorts, and when I sat on the seats in the car, I thought my a$$ was on fire.
My skin melted to the seat. I lost 2 layers of flesh and all the hair on the back of my legs and a$$ . . . Now my car smells like burnt hair, fried a$$, and baked cat.

Aug 10th:

The weather report might as well be a recording. Hot and sunny.

Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny. It's been too hot to do $$$$ for 2 months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.

Doesn't it ever rain in this state? Water rationing will be next, so my $1700 worth of cactus will just dry up and blow over.
Even the cactus can't live in this heat.

Aug. 14th:

Welcome to HELL! Temperature got to 115 today. Cactus are dead.

Forgot to crack the window and blew the windshield out of the car. The installer came to fix it and guess what he asked me??? "Hot enough for you today?"

My sister had to spend $1,500 to bail me out of jail. Freaking TEXAS .

What kind of a sick demented idiot would want to live here??

Will write later to let you know how the trial goes.