• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta reader/mentor/writing coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

shroomy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time reader and writer but in all the time I've been writing I've never undertaken a novel. The main problem is I have no idea where to start; it just seems like such a huge and ambitious project.

Anyway, I have a pretty ambitious, genre-bending idea for a novel of sorts, but I really need someone (or even a few people) whom I can bounce ideas off of and who can help motivate me to keep working on the novel. I would be writing this with the aim of eventual publication.

If you think you might be able to help me or want to know more than either PM me on AW or send me an IM through AIM or MSN (contact info in my profile). AIM/MSN are more preferred as I don't always check these forums.

Thanks,

shroomy

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You manged to start this one. What have you been doing for the last 9 months, Shroomy?

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116261

Isn't wanting to be published a pretty good motivation?

Hi everyone,

I'm a long-time reader and writer but in all the time I've been writing I've never undertaken a novel. The main problem is I have no idea where to start; it just seems like such a huge and ambitious project.

Anyway, I have a pretty ambitious, genre-bending idea for a novel of sorts, but I really need someone (or even a few people) whom I can bounce ideas off of and who can help motivate me to keep working on the novel. I would be writing this with the aim of eventual publication.

If you think you might be able to help me or want to know more than either PM me on AW or send me an IM through AIM or MSN (contact info in my profile). AIM/MSN are more preferred as I don't always check these forums.

Thanks,

shroomy

shroomy

Registered
Reaction score
That novel was scrapped, but thanks for going back through every one of my previous posts to try to make a fool out of me instead of offering help. In the past 9 months I have been writing short stories and poetry.

Wanting to be published isn't even close to the top of my list of motivations for writing. I am mostly just looking for someone to help me focus and respond to what I write as I do it.

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry you feel that way -that wasn't my intention.

I -and others, too, I am sure -often flick back to a poster's prior posts before responding to a current post, and especially so in this Forum where serious time commitments are sought.

And from your current response you seem to want someone to spend a lot of time helping you find motivation and being your idea-bouncer. Why should someone give up their own writing time for that? How do you think other folk begin to write or focus?

There is a Sandbox Forum here for idea bouncing -maybe that will help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.