PDA

View Full Version : Mobile 'Phone Ringtones

BigWords
06-27-2009, 08:07 PM
I'm watching One Missed Call at the moment, and the 'phone in the film has a cool ringtone. I was wondering what everybody has on their 'phones presently, seeing as I'm rather predictable and unoriginal.

Twisted Nerve (Kill Bil)
The Gonk (Dawn of the Dead)
Reveille (John Wayne movies)

aadams73
06-27-2009, 08:12 PM
I just have one of the ringtones that came with the phone. Because everyone else has something fancy, mine stands out.

By conforming, I'm not conforming. Or something like that.

Kathleen42
06-27-2009, 08:30 PM
"Sabotage" by Beastie Boys

spamwarrior
06-27-2009, 10:30 PM
Someone tell me how to get ringtones? I just got a cell phone.

BigWords
06-27-2009, 10:47 PM
Do you have a 'sounds' or 'music' menu? You should be able to download music (or at least load music onto the 'phone through your computer).

ETA: What is the make and model of the 'phone? I'll look up the user manual.

spamwarrior
06-27-2009, 11:26 PM
Either a Nokia 6126 or a Nokia 6133b. I don't have a SIM card yet.

Deem
06-28-2009, 12:06 AM
'Wish I Had an Angel' Nightwish

spamwarrior, get a SIM card first. Both nokias have mp3 so I think you just have to connect the phone to your computer (with a wire that came with the phone) and transfer whatever songs you want. Or, if your computer has bluetooth capabilities, you can just send the songs without fussing with wires. Hope this helps!

scarletpeaches
06-28-2009, 12:07 AM
The Rainbow theme tune.

spamwarrior
06-28-2009, 12:14 AM
Yay! I have bluetooth!!

Button
06-28-2009, 12:29 AM
I've got House's theme song.

I've also got individual theme music for people I know. For example, one of my sister's made a ring tone for me, her voice going, "This is your siiistar. Answer your phone! Are you ignoring me?"

I want the one of Golem going "You're phone is ringing! Pick up! They're going to hang up!"

BigWords
06-28-2009, 12:33 AM
Either a Nokia 6126 or a Nokia 6133b. I don't have a SIM card yet.

Several functions of your phone may be used without installing a SIM card (for example, the data transfer with a compatible PC or another compatible device).
You need a SIM card first and foremost.

To put in music via Bluetooth:

Select Menu > Settings > Connectivity > Bluetooth
Check what Bluetooth connectivity is available (You'll need to switch your computer Bluetooth on before you try to connect).

Once you have music on the 'phone:

Select Menu > Media > Music player.
You should be able to see the tracks listed.

Nice 'phone.

spamwarrior
06-28-2009, 12:36 AM
I know a guy who had his ringtone set to a woman screaming, "PICK ME UP! PICK ME UP!"

:D

Vincent
06-28-2009, 12:37 AM
So, do they bother to say goodbye before hanging up in the film?

BigWords
06-28-2009, 12:43 AM
Wasn't paying that much attention. The film was pretty much background noise until the chick fell in front of a train. I did notice that the filmmakers had the gall to re-use a bit of Final Destination (or FD2, they're so similar it's hard to remember which one it was in) when the dumb-ass guy walks into the road.

*sighs* That was 5 well spent.

White-Tean
06-28-2009, 01:42 PM
"I Don't Love You (http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghOqudYGhnk)" by My Chemical Romance, a really lovely song and I love the opening bars which is good because that's usually all I hear of it before I answer my phone or wake up and turn off my alarm (which it doubles as, as I'm already programmed to respond to it quickly).

My phone lets me put music files and set them for whatever I want, so I've been thinking of changing it again for variety, perhaps to "Love is Noise" by the Verve.

Mr Flibble
06-28-2009, 05:18 PM
ooh

I've got a couple of wrestling theme tunes ( It's Time to Play the Game!) for my Old Man

Hong Kong Phooey for the kids

Metallica does Mission Impossible for a couple of mates

I prefer film clips though

A clip from LOTR for the Hobbit ( his bodyguard? No, his gardener.)

Oh and another LOTR clip for texts from OM - Now for wrath, now for ruin and a red dawn!

For everyone else's texts, i have 'Shiny, let's be bad guys', with the occasional 'Are you ready Jack? I was born ready'

They change all the time though.

BigWords
06-28-2009, 05:26 PM
Hong Kong Phooey for the kids

The original Mighty Mouse theme tune (from the old cartoon) is on my computer (in MP3), but it was on the 'phone for a while. The first time the tune rang in public I decided - right there and then - that I wouldn't have it on the 'phone. Yeah, I'm shallow...

Mr Flibble
06-28-2009, 07:14 PM
You should try the Hair Bear Bunch ( my alternate kids one). When it goes off people start singing along!

scarletpeaches
06-28-2009, 07:21 PM
I know this thread is just an excuse for all the hot guys on AW to ask for my number so go on, you know you want to.

KTC
06-28-2009, 07:24 PM
Mine is Bizarre Love Triangle (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OhDp9o1dX4&feature=related) by New Order.

It's embarrassing when it rings, I'll tell you...I break out in an 80s dance sequence...wherever I am when it rings.

It used to be the original Blue Monday (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3duUzBbBmmc&feature=related)...but my dancing was just too over the top...had to tone it down some.

scarletpeaches
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
You should have Thriller - and moonwalk when someone calls you.

KTC
06-28-2009, 07:25 PM
I know this thread is just an excuse for all the hot guys on AW to ask for my number so go on, you know you want to.

I got your number, missy.

KTC
06-28-2009, 07:26 PM

Downloading now!

fairy86
06-28-2009, 07:29 PM
My ringtones are Video Killed the Radio Star (Buggles) and Big Balls (ACDC)

KTC
06-28-2009, 07:34 PM

you have rep mail

Shadow_Ferret
06-28-2009, 07:41 PM
Someone tell me how to get ringtones? I just got a cell phone.

You can either pay for them through your phone company, or you can get them for free at phonezoo (http://www.phonezoo.com/Welcome.do). They have a lot of fun ring tones and you can upload your own songs and edit it to make a ring tone from it.

I have several ringtones.
The theme to the Shadow old time radio show.
The Three Stooges going, "Hello Hello HELLO!"
The theme to Airwolf.
And several songs I clipped myself on phonezoo, like Deep Purple's "Burn," White Zombie's "More Human then Human," a guitar solo from a Black Sabbath song, and so on.

My current ring tone for generic calls is an old fashioned bell phone ringer. Really annoying. :D

BigWords
06-28-2009, 07:52 PM
You can either pay for them through your phone company, or you can get them for free at phonezoo (http://www.phonezoo.com/Welcome.do). They have a lot of fun ring tones and you can upload your own songs and edit it to make a ring tone from it.

I've been ripping CD's onto my hard drive, then converting them to MP3. There are various audio packages which allow you to change format, though the 'phones I have purchased never seem to want to play Ogg Vodis files (which I normally use on the computer).

Shadow_Ferret
06-28-2009, 07:57 PM
I've been ripping CD's onto my hard drive, then converting them to MP3. There are various audio packages which allow you to change format, though the 'phones I have purchased never seem to want to play Ogg Vodis files (which I normally use on the computer).

How do you get it to your phone from your computer? I can upload music to my phone, but not ring tones and I can't use my music as a ring tone.

Unless I need to read the manual in depth.

Calla Lily
06-28-2009, 08:01 PM
Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. I never change it, because that way I always know it's my phone. No one I work or hang with uses that tone. Plus it's always the mad scientist music in horror movies, thus appropriate for me. :D

BigWords
06-28-2009, 08:17 PM
Getting tracks from the computer to the 'phone requires opening the 'phone (Computer > Removable Disc ( G: ) is the easiest way of finding the files) and drag 'n' drop. If the 'phone has the ability to play the format you should be a-ok, but some makes are more complicated.

There's a problem with certain Sony Ericsson's that (even though they should play the tracks fine) no files show up in the folders after this process has been done. The older phone types (pre-2004 or thereabouts) have all kinds of quirks. I've seen some 'phones which have memory limits imposed by the manufacturer as well, meaning that if a track is over a certain length, no matter what you do you will not get the music to play.

I go through a lot of 'phones - I lose them, leave them behind in pubs, drop them on the ground, throw them at people...

scarletpeaches
06-29-2009, 12:25 AM
I have a samsung something-or-other with a removeable memory card. I plug it into the computer, copy files to it, then stick it back in the phone. Works with mp3s, photos, videos, you name it.

Annoying thing is you can only have a text alert already on the phone; you can change your ringtone to whatever you want, but there are limited text alerts to choose from.

And I get far more texts than I do phone calls.

Angie
06-29-2009, 04:38 AM
My phone sounds like...a phone ringing. Daring, I know, but it is a phone. :tongue

Marcus
06-29-2009, 05:47 AM
http://www.myxer.com/

period

Shadow_Ferret
06-29-2009, 05:48 AM
I have a samsung something-or-other with a removeable memory card. I plug it into the computer, copy files to it, then stick it back in the phone. Works with mp3s, photos, videos, you name it.

Mine has a removable memory card, too. Have no idea where it plugs into my computer though.

BigWords
06-29-2009, 06:10 AM
Mine has a removable memory card, too. Have no idea where it plugs into my computer though.

You should have a cable which came with the 'phone. The USB bit on one end, and the other end fits into the 'phone.

Doesn't anyone read their instruction manuals? :)