What else? The Odd Couple

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Any fans of the TV series here?
To me, you can take your Seinfeld, Mash, Two and a Half Men, etc, there was no better show for single quotable lines than The Odd Couple.
My own favorite: "If you've got a troublemaker, give him a whistle."
Back in the day, there was once a group that met regularly devoted to throwing great lines from The Odd Couple at each other. I've had entire relationships based on quotes from the show.
Once, for my birthday, my wife made me an Odd Couple board game.

jst5150

Vorpal Comics. Weekly Podcast. Twitch Artist. Vet
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
My first "Favorite TV Show" in my formative years. Oscar Madison is what influenced me to become a journalist and probably nudged me into liking sports.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
On November 13, Felix Unger was asked to remove himself from his place of residence; that request came from his wife. Deep down, he knew she was right, but he also knew that some day he would return to her. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the home of his friend, Oscar Madison. Several years earlier, Madison's wife had thrown HIM out, requesting that HE never return. Can two divorced men share an apartment without driving each other crazy?
*doot-doot-doot-doot-dooooooooo*

A friend of mine only remembers my birthday because it's the day before Felix was thrown out of his house.

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
[Holding two fingers on bridge of my nose]

Hennnnnnneh .... hennnnnnnnnnnnneh ... henh ... hennnnnnneh

jst5150

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jasontudor.com
Guys at the poker game ... help me out ...

Murray
Speed

popmuze

Last of a Dying Breed
Registered
Reaction score
Murray was the only one who survived the first few seasons. Those are the ones I usually skip. A few years ago I found a DVD for sale with all 114 episodes. They may have been taped off the tube, but they worked. Now I don't have to worry about ignorant TV programmers who hardly ever schedule it.
This year we're going on vacation to Hakaloma. Last year we stayed at the Implix Lodge, where the wind blew down the handball court. But the entertainment was good: you can't beat Jerry Vale and Corbet Monica.