PDA

View Full Version : Michael Jackson has died

godessceline
06-26-2009, 06:04 PM
I can't believe it...I got the news at midnight last night, about an hour after it happened, and I'm still in shock. I just can't believe it. I had just fallen asleep when I was woken up by a text message on my phone. For a brief moment i contemplated ignoring it and reading it in the morning, but then my curiosity got the ebtter of me so I read it. Two times, three times, four times. "Michael Jackson died from a heart attack today". No, no, no, this has got to be a mistake, there's no way. What do you mean dead, it's Michael Jackson, he's supposed to be around forever. I got up and turned the TV on and there it was. I remember just staring at the words on the screen, it felt and still does feel so unreal. Music died last night and the world will never be the same.

Mythical Tiger
06-26-2009, 06:23 PM
It sucks when people die. But to tell you the truth I'm not sad for M.J.. I believe that he was a child molester and I don't care if he was the 'king of pop' or anything. Once you touch children I lose all respect. Some believe he didn't, which is fine. But some do and I'm one of those some. But ya, like I said, it sucks when anyone dies.
Just my 2 cents, not here to start a war between M.J......

~Sam

godessceline
06-26-2009, 06:28 PM
Once you touch children I lose all respect

Personally, I lose all respect when people believe everything they read. But that's just me.

Mythical Tiger
06-26-2009, 06:32 PM
Personally, I lose all respect when people believe everything they read. But that's just me.Personally, I'm not going to get into this.:Shrug:

~Sam

EFCollins
06-26-2009, 06:38 PM
You know, I was born the year Thriller was released. I have a sister and brother who are both about 10 years older than me. From the time I was born, I was hearing MJ. I grew up on Michael Jackson songs-- and have never actually believed that he did anything wrong. That aside, he had a hard life that none of us could have lived. His childhood was constant work and practice and rehearsing... something that I don't think ever really stopped. His music and his dancing have changed and influenced the musicians of today and most definitely dancers of all the generations to follow. He really was iconic. And it's always a loss felt across the world when an icon like him passes.

BigWords
06-26-2009, 08:23 PM
From 8pm tonight, one of the radio stations here in Fife (I think, it might be a national one) will be playing the complete Thriller album. They're taking requests from listeners for Jackson's songs to be played as well.
It's almost the same atmosphere as when Princess Diana died, especially in the (hyberbole laden) news broadcasts.

There are various reports of Ed McMahon and Sky Saxon (of The Seeds) having died as well, but I'm of the opinion that 99% of everything in the news is a blatant lie. Waiting for confirmation.

ps If you haven't heard it, go listen to Crispin Glover's cover of 'Ben', from the film Willard, and celebrate the fact that we have an amazing catalogue of music thanks to Michael Jackson. Whatever he may, or may not, have done, the man knew how to write a good song.

Fanny
06-26-2009, 09:45 PM
CÚline Dion's reaction in French (she cries) : http://videos.lcn.canoe.ca/video/en-vedette/les-dernieres-nouvelles/8805187001/deces-de-m-jackson-les-reactions-de-celine-dion/27622553001

In english (she says rather the same things) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCxxw4hQ0d0

Filine
06-27-2009, 03:04 PM
I have mixed feelings, because professionally speaking he really was exceptional. His music is amazing and inspired so many people. On a personal basis...it's obvious that he had a very hard life and that he could barely hang on. He was such a troubled man. The allegations that were made against him concerning the child abuse have been an important low in his life. I don't know if he's guilty or not...I don't know anything about him personally and I am not the person to judge him. I also know there are a lot of people that are prepared to make allegations towards a public figure to try and get something (money) out of it...but Michael's own behaviour did fire up the suspicion and the doubt...I guess we will never know for sure now.

Kivandrohex
06-30-2009, 01:41 PM
I'm not going to get into this, I don't like MJ. And I don't like seeing his face on the tv.