PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Beta Reader for Contemporary/Urban Fantasy 84,000 Words

Fame<Infamy
06-26-2009, 02:04 PM
I just finished my first draft, but there are some parts to add back in early on before I send it off. I am starting my search early, looking for a beta reader who has some interest in helping me find inconsistencies in character, glaring issues with the plot and other things that might need to be added and detracted.

I am worried less about grammar than plot and characterization at this point.

But other things I would like to work on are strengthening my theme and stuff like that, too.

The story is about the murder of a prominent demon, the bombing of an abortion clinic and how its all connected. There isn't a real title for it, but the working title is Four Winds.

AngelRoseDarke
06-27-2009, 12:22 AM
I can take a look at it when you're ready. The idea sounds very interesting. You can send it to my email. It may take me a week or so to get back to you, but I will reply.

I have done some beta work and editing for EFCollins if you would like a reference on me.

Fame<Infamy
06-27-2009, 01:31 AM
I can take a look at it when you're ready. The idea sounds very interesting. You can send it to my email. It may take me a week or so to get back to you, but I will reply.

I have done some beta work and editing for EFCollins if you would like a reference on me.

Thank you, and I will check that out. And a week, that's really good turn around time. Mostly, the issue right now is I need to insert some things to connect stuff at the end to, because I put the notes and haven't done it just yet.

AngelRoseDarke
06-27-2009, 01:52 AM
Take your time. Just let me know when you're ready.

A week is actually kind of slow for me. I read really fast (semi photographic memory/speed reader). I think it took me about a week to read, edit and polish EF's novel of similar length, so a beta read and suggestions shouldn't be too bad.

chelle
07-01-2009, 07:45 PM
I'd be happy to take a look at it for you, if you want another set of eyes... Send me a PM.

Fame<Infamy
07-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Okay, I can't even go over this yet. I have to ask two questions to the people who showed interest in this.

1. Do you have MS Word 2007 and know about the Review feature?
2. Do you mind if parts of the plot aren't expressed outright and are in note form on the side?

chelle
07-08-2009, 06:01 PM
I have MS Word 2007 and know how to use the review feature. If you haven't worked in all the plots threads yet, that's okay too. I'm sure I can still figure it out. All I ask is that you've proofed it for typos a few times.

Fame<Infamy
07-09-2009, 09:44 AM
I have MS Word 2007 and know how to use the review feature. If you haven't worked in all the plots threads yet, that's okay too. I'm sure I can still figure it out. All I ask is that you've proofed it for typos a few times.

Most typos should be out because others have read over it and pointed them out. But its a lot to work with so its hard to know for sure.

I asked about the review because that's where all of the notes on plot really are.

chelle
07-09-2009, 05:38 PM
no problem. whenever you're ready, just let me know.