PDA

View Full Version : AW Crushes and or Role Models. Time to Confess!!!

dgiharris
06-26-2009, 06:20 AM
So,

Just for shits and giggles, thought I'd start an innocent and fun thread on the subject of crushes and or role models.

Whether you like their big brains, hot body, stunning intellect, sense of humor, etc. etc. who do you have warm and fuzzy feelings for

Hmmm....

I have several crushes / role models here and since I'm starting this thread, guess I have to go first.

<clears throat>

There is a wonderful person in the Goals and Accomplishment and Rejection forums. She is so full of sunshine and positive energy that it is always a lift to get a post/PM from her.

She is awesome, her book looks awesome, and her website is likewise awesome.

I'm talking about the one and only Xiaoten

So, I pose the question peoples, time to confess. DO you have any crushes/role models here

Please keep it innocent and fun

Mel...

vixey
06-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Yes. He's furry.

Rolling Thunder
06-26-2009, 06:29 AM
Please keep it innocent and fun

I wanna crush everybody.

Haggis
06-26-2009, 06:31 AM
That's why you're so beloved.

vixey
06-26-2009, 06:31 AM
But you're not furry.

ETA: to RT

alleycat
06-26-2009, 06:32 AM
I love 3Danes like a sister . . . because in real life we pretend we are brother and sister.

Haggis
06-26-2009, 06:36 AM
But you're not furry.

*files nails...checks watch*

dgiharris
06-26-2009, 06:41 AM
But you're not furry.

You big chicken. Spill the beans!!! Who is it?

Sean D. Schaffer
06-26-2009, 06:42 AM
I can't say I have a crush on anyone here, but I do have a couple role models that I admire tremendously. They are:

James D. Macdonald, (Uncle Jim) because he, a professional writer who has a good solid grasp on the Publishing business and knows how to write a darned good book (I'm speaking specifically of Land Of Mist And Snow) is giving people like me not only solid advice, but actual concern for our writing careers. I admire this man a lot, and I consider him my first role-model on this site.

Triceretops, because he has encouraged me to be the best I can be, to follow my heart, and even while knowing what project "Heal The Wound" is, doesn't try to dissuade me from writing the darned thing. A professional writer in his own right, Tri has become a very good friend whose writings concerning his own experiences in fiction writing have given me both a heads-up to the realities of the Industry, and at the same time the courage to move forward.

Both of these writers are tremendous role-models in my own life and writing career. I would not have even been able to consider writing as anything other than some little nothing hobby after my experience with PA, had these two--along with the many others I have not mentioned--not been there to show me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessed Be. :)

vixey
06-26-2009, 06:52 AM
Darn! This is one of the best threads I've seen lately and it's Land of Nod time for me. I'll check back tomorrow.

Maybe I'll spill the beans then, DGI! :D

C.bronco
06-26-2009, 06:54 AM
I heart so many of you!
(including Ms. Vixey!)

Death Wizard
06-26-2009, 06:58 AM
If I fessed to my sig-photo fixations, my wife would kill me.

(Wait, my wife doesn't read this.)

(Wait, why would that matter? Does that make it okay?)

(Wait, it's all in fun.)

(Wait, would she find it fun? Hmmmmm?)

(Check back in a few beers.)

Death Wizard
06-26-2009, 07:02 AM
I can't say I have a crush on anyone here, but I do have a couple role models that I admire tremendously. They are:

James D. Macdonald, (Uncle Jim) because he, a professional writer who has a good solid grasp on the Publishing business and knows how to write a darned good book (I'm speaking specifically of Land Of Mist And Snow) is giving people like me not only solid advice, but actual concern for our writing careers. I admire this man a lot, and I consider him my first role-model on this site.

Triceretops, because he has encouraged me to be the best I can be, to follow my heart, and even while knowing what project "Heal The Wound" is, doesn't try to dissuade me from writing the darned thing. A professional writer in his own right, Tri has become a very good friend whose writings concerning his own experiences in fiction writing have given me both a heads-up to the realities of the Industry, and at the same time the courage to move forward.

Both of these writers are tremendous role-models in my own life and writing career. I would not have even been able to consider writing as anything other than some little nothing hobby after my experience with PA, had these two--along with the many others I have not mentioned--not been there to show me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessed Be. :)

I second on Tri. Great person and severely underrated talent.

spamwarrior
06-26-2009, 07:42 AM
<3 <3 all of you.

Especially Angie. But that would make me gay. And Bettielee and my friends in the ban thread.

Medievalist
06-26-2009, 07:46 AM
Lord . .

I have a giant crush on this community. Look around you peeps--you're all pretty fabulous.

Alan Yee
06-26-2009, 08:23 AM
I would like to thank the Academy--I mean, I LOVE YOU ALL! (well, most of you)

BenPanced
06-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Lord . .

I have a giant crush on this community. Look around you peeps--you're all pretty fabulous.
Some of us just smell better than others.

I'm sorry. Was that in my "out loud" voice?

Medievalist
06-26-2009, 08:44 AM

Now Ben, is that verb transitive or intransitive?

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Lord . .

I have a giant crush on this community. Look around you peeps--you're all pretty fabulous.I agree with you on this one and I have no idea where I'd start if I started naming names.

So all of y'all, need to just consider, I think you are just fabulous, you've taught me more than I can say.

I went to a writer's critiquing group here in Salt Lake tonight and I actually felt prepared. I've learned so much from everyone here and their generosity in sharing what they know, I actually didn't feel stupid when I opened my mouth.

I have a lot of galpals here and some guypals too. Thanks for the support!

dgiharris
06-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Stop being a bunch of

http://i524.photobucket.com/albums/cc326/dgiharris/egg_laying_chickens.jpg

share the love.

O.k. Time for me to list some more.

First, I have a lot of crushes / role models on this site, you people are awesome.

Drachin8 and NicoleMD both fall into this category. I love their writing and its been nice watching their progression over the years. Plus, they both have sexy brains and are hotties in their own rights :D

Uncle Jim, goes without mention. Though I have not been able to catch up on that massive super thread (i've gotten about halfway through) there are a few people in that thread who have helped my writing. One of which is Maestrowork, his and Uncle Jim's comments both made the lightbulb go off in my head sooo many times i've lost track.

Honorable mentions go to Redzilla, Tricertops, Karen Duvall, Blondchen, SherryTex, ChesireCat, TheIT, MarkEsq, Puma, IsaacEsprui, LindaAdams ...i better stop least I name this whole site.

So many of the above have been instrumental in my writing in some way shape or form. Plus, many of the above are where I would like to someday be, whether getting that first book written (like TheIT, she is a writing machine), landing that first agent (congrats again Red!) or they are a great sparring partner helping me stay sharp as we strive to land that mega million dollar book deal :D

ANyways, this site is awesome, I wouldn't be half the writer that I am now without the help of so many of you

Mel...

BenPanced
06-26-2009, 09:00 AM

Now Ben, is that verb transitive or intransitive?
What I meant...was...some of...us...have a better sense of smell than others and can smell a batch of snickerdoodles baking from two miles away.

Yeah, they bought it.

Cybernaught
06-26-2009, 09:02 AM
I think that guy Cybernaught is one sexy mofo.

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Did you just call me a chicken?

Fine.

You want names, I'll name names....

First, *thinks* gosh....it's like flood and the names are a jumbled up mess.

uhhhhhhhhh.....

-I've had the honour of being Poet's official AW stalker...*sqeee* he even stalked me back. He's really been great over the years and teaching me patience.
-Neurofizz, has been my mentor behind the scenes for my academic progress. He's gotten me through, I think about three semesters in which I desperately wanted to give up.
-JeanneTGC...who makes me laugh at myself, in spite of myself. She's quite the galpal.
-OFG...my dear dear farming pal. We lean over the fence each night or morning or heck all day long off and on and swap farming tips and poke fun at people.
-Sassy..for her emails that check up on me when I go missing too long.
-Silver King...well, now..he just gets me. We swap obnoxious rep points about things we ought not to. :D
-ScarletPeaches, aadams, and thinker for keeping me from getting too stuffy and self righteous.
-QuickWit for taking my insensitive teasing.
-MacAllister...I admire the daylights out of cos I honestly don't know how she does it all and she still loves us.
-Medievalist...oh my gosh I so wish I had her brains.
-Dawno and her sparkle talents.
-Susie for her eternal support of everyone and chocolate fetishes.
-KTC, my mentor and my guide in helping me to find my voice again.
-PeeDee...where the heck is that boy? He let me call him cupcake.
-Cranky, for the amazing example she sets in all that she does.
-Maryn, my darling girl for her wisdom and steadfastness.
-Maestrowork, for always striving for excellence.
-Kristie911, what can I say, she can out run us all.
-Jo, who I miss but always keeps me positive.
-Nevada- who I also miss, cos she really and truly knows everything.
-Sable-also missing in action alot, who has shown me how to love unconditionally those who hate me. ;)
-Perks, because jeeez....she's my hero with her ability to speak her mind.
-Carole, she's such a lovely person, I want to be like here when I grow up.
-Jenna, for paving the way for us freelancers. :)

-And every other member of this board even when they act up because even in that I learn something from them.

Had enough? ;)

ETA: OH and how can I leave out Joe270, dclary and it wouldn't be complete without mentioning haskins.

See this is what I hate about naming names, my head hurts now and I'm quite sure there's far more people deserving acknowledgment. I also want to say that I am grateful to my Sunday Night FF Challenge buddies....rock on!

DL Hegel
06-26-2009, 09:05 AM
No one would ever guess. But they know who they are. And it's quite amusing.

BenPanced
06-26-2009, 09:09 AM
You know, I'm not seeing my name anywhere, save the two (and now three) posts I've made that are somewhat off-topic...

*flounce*

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 09:14 AM
You know, I'm not seeing my name anywhere, save the two (and now three) posts I've made that are somewhat off-topic...

*flounce*And don't forget Ben the pooter, Panced. Always there to make me laugh and remember life's just to freaking short.

ETA: And I don't see my name either so put a sock in it. ;)

dgiharris
06-26-2009, 09:15 AM
Did you just call me a chicken?

Not so much you. Just all the lurkers and posters who deep down want to name names and thank some people but are feeling a bit feathery :D

Mel...

Medievalist
06-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Ben

I swear, if I had any choklit meelk, I'd give it all to you. You're an asset to AW.

I think we're bigger than the sum of our parts here.

Medievalist
06-26-2009, 09:17 AM
Not so much you. Just all the lurkers and posters who deep down want to name names and thank some people but are feeling a bit feathery :D

Mel...

OY!

That's what Rep comments are for.

poetinahat
06-26-2009, 09:21 AM

*flounce*

ETA: And I don't see my name either so put a sock in it. ;)

I know you guys are joking around here, but this is exactly why we've closed threads like this in the past. People who get left out - maybe because they don't hang in the right fora, or they don't rep enough - feel, well, left out.

I know this thread's not intended that way, but let's remember the quiet ones too, hey?

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 09:22 AM
I know you guys are joking around here, but this is exactly why we've closed threads like this in the past. People who get left out - maybe because they don't hang in the right fora, or they don't rep enough - feel, well, left out.

I know this thread's not intended that way, but let's remember the quiet ones too, hey?*stalks poet then quietly leaves via the backdoor*

DL Hegel
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
ben and cass:)

Matera the Mad
06-26-2009, 09:27 AM
Well, goshes. I don't want to make anybody jealous or nuthin. But...how many days do I get to make the list?

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 09:29 AM
ben and cass:):tongue I wondered who'd come along and say that. LOL

Well, goshes. I don't want to make anybody jealous or nuthin. But...how many days do I get to make the list?well hurry up

Cassiopeia
06-26-2009, 09:32 AM
Oh my gosh, I totally forgot Ferret Face. I guess Poet's right...some people are bound to feel left out. :(

MacAllister
06-26-2009, 09:32 AM
What Poet said, actually. :) These threads are always so very, very well meant -- and inevitably, someone ends up feeling left out and a little bruised. I think, actually, it's how the Royalty thread got started, way back in the old days.

I'm going to close this, at least until SK or OFG are around to review. In the meantime -- if there's someone you'd really like to shout out or give a nod to? Consider a heartfelt PM or rep point to let that person know you admire them and you're glad they're here.

Cheers, everyone. And thank you, Mel, for what I absolutely know was a well-intentioned attempt to let members recognize each other and play a bit.