AW Crushes and or Role Models. Time to Confess!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
So,

Just for shits and giggles, thought I'd start an innocent and fun thread on the subject of crushes and or role models.

Whether you like their big brains, hot body, stunning intellect, sense of humor, etc. etc. who do you have warm and fuzzy feelings for

Hmmm....

I have several crushes / role models here and since I'm starting this thread, guess I have to go first.

<clears throat>

There is a wonderful person in the Goals and Accomplishment and Rejection forums. She is so full of sunshine and positive energy that it is always a lift to get a post/PM from her.

She is awesome, her book looks awesome, and her website is likewise awesome.

I'm talking about the one and only Xiaoten

So, I pose the question peoples, time to confess. DO you have any crushes/role models here

Please keep it innocent and fun

Mel...

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. He's furry.

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
But you're not furry.

ETA: to RT

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love 3Danes like a sister . . . because in real life we pretend we are brother and sister.

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
I can't say I have a crush on anyone here, but I do have a couple role models that I admire tremendously. They are:

James D. Macdonald, (Uncle Jim) because he, a professional writer who has a good solid grasp on the Publishing business and knows how to write a darned good book (I'm speaking specifically of Land Of Mist And Snow) is giving people like me not only solid advice, but actual concern for our writing careers. I admire this man a lot, and I consider him my first role-model on this site.

Triceretops, because he has encouraged me to be the best I can be, to follow my heart, and even while knowing what project "Heal The Wound" is, doesn't try to dissuade me from writing the darned thing. A professional writer in his own right, Tri has become a very good friend whose writings concerning his own experiences in fiction writing have given me both a heads-up to the realities of the Industry, and at the same time the courage to move forward.

Both of these writers are tremendous role-models in my own life and writing career. I would not have even been able to consider writing as anything other than some little nothing hobby after my experience with PA, had these two--along with the many others I have not mentioned--not been there to show me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessed Be. :)

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
Darn! This is one of the best threads I've seen lately and it's Land of Nod time for me. I'll check back tomorrow.

Maybe I'll spill the beans then, DGI! :D

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
If I fessed to my sig-photo fixations, my wife would kill me.

(Wait, my wife doesn't read this.)

(Wait, why would that matter? Does that make it okay?)

(Wait, it's all in fun.)

(Wait, would she find it fun? Hmmmmm?)

(Check back in a few beers.)

Death Wizard

Tumhe na koci puujetha
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.deathwizardchronicles.blogspot.com
I can't say I have a crush on anyone here, but I do have a couple role models that I admire tremendously. They are:

James D. Macdonald, (Uncle Jim) because he, a professional writer who has a good solid grasp on the Publishing business and knows how to write a darned good book (I'm speaking specifically of Land Of Mist And Snow) is giving people like me not only solid advice, but actual concern for our writing careers. I admire this man a lot, and I consider him my first role-model on this site.

Triceretops, because he has encouraged me to be the best I can be, to follow my heart, and even while knowing what project "Heal The Wound" is, doesn't try to dissuade me from writing the darned thing. A professional writer in his own right, Tri has become a very good friend whose writings concerning his own experiences in fiction writing have given me both a heads-up to the realities of the Industry, and at the same time the courage to move forward.

Both of these writers are tremendous role-models in my own life and writing career. I would not have even been able to consider writing as anything other than some little nothing hobby after my experience with PA, had these two--along with the many others I have not mentioned--not been there to show me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Blessed Be. :)

I second on Tri. Great person and severely underrated talent.

Deleted member 42

Lord . .

I have a giant crush on this community. Look around you peeps--you're all pretty fabulous.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to thank the Academy--I mean, I LOVE YOU ALL! (well, most of you)

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Lord . .

I have a giant crush on this community. Look around you peeps--you're all pretty fabulous.
I agree with you on this one and I have no idea where I'd start if I started naming names.

So all of y'all, need to just consider, I think you are just fabulous, you've taught me more than I can say.

I went to a writer's critiquing group here in Salt Lake tonight and I actually felt prepared. I've learned so much from everyone here and their generosity in sharing what they know, I actually didn't feel stupid when I opened my mouth.

I have a lot of galpals here and some guypals too. Thanks for the support!

dgiharris

Disgruntled Scientist
Registered
Reaction score
Stop being a bunch of

egg_laying_chickens.jpg

share the love.

O.k. Time for me to list some more.

First, I have a lot of crushes / role models on this site, you people are awesome.

Drachin8 and NicoleMD both fall into this category. I love their writing and its been nice watching their progression over the years. Plus, they both have sexy brains and are hotties in their own rights :D

Uncle Jim, goes without mention. Though I have not been able to catch up on that massive super thread (i've gotten about halfway through) there are a few people in that thread who have helped my writing. One of which is Maestrowork, his and Uncle Jim's comments both made the lightbulb go off in my head sooo many times i've lost track.

Honorable mentions go to Redzilla, Tricertops, Karen Duvall, Blondchen, SherryTex, ChesireCat, TheIT, MarkEsq, Puma, IsaacEsprui, LindaAdams ...i better stop least I name this whole site.

So many of the above have been instrumental in my writing in some way shape or form. Plus, many of the above are where I would like to someday be, whether getting that first book written (like TheIT, she is a writing machine), landing that first agent (congrats again Red!) or they are a great sparring partner helping me stay sharp as we strive to land that mega million dollar book deal :D

ANyways, this site is awesome, I wouldn't be half the writer that I am now without the help of so many of you

Mel...

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Some of us just smell better than others.

I'm sorry. Was that in my "out loud" voice?

Now Ben, is that verb transitive or intransitive?
What I meant...was...some of...us...have a better sense of smell than others and can smell a batch of snickerdoodles baking from two miles away.

Yeah, they bought it.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Did you just call me a chicken?

Fine.

You want names, I'll name names....

First, *thinks* gosh....it's like flood and the names are a jumbled up mess.

uhhhhhhhhh.....

-I've had the honour of being Poet's official AW stalker...*sqeee* he even stalked me back. He's really been great over the years and teaching me patience.
-Neurofizz, has been my mentor behind the scenes for my academic progress. He's gotten me through, I think about three semesters in which I desperately wanted to give up.
-JeanneTGC...who makes me laugh at myself, in spite of myself. She's quite the galpal.
-OFG...my dear dear farming pal. We lean over the fence each night or morning or heck all day long off and on and swap farming tips and poke fun at people.
-Sassy..for her emails that check up on me when I go missing too long.
-Silver King...well, now..he just gets me. We swap obnoxious rep points about things we ought not to. :D
-ScarletPeaches, aadams, and thinker for keeping me from getting too stuffy and self righteous.
-QuickWit for taking my insensitive teasing.
-MacAllister...I admire the daylights out of cos I honestly don't know how she does it all and she still loves us.
-Medievalist...oh my gosh I so wish I had her brains.
-Dawno and her sparkle talents.
-Susie for her eternal support of everyone and chocolate fetishes.
-KTC, my mentor and my guide in helping me to find my voice again.
-PeeDee...where the heck is that boy? He let me call him cupcake.
-Cranky, for the amazing example she sets in all that she does.
-Maryn, my darling girl for her wisdom and steadfastness.
-Maestrowork, for always striving for excellence.
-Kristie911, what can I say, she can out run us all.
-Jo, who I miss but always keeps me positive.
-Nevada- who I also miss, cos she really and truly knows everything.
-Sable-also missing in action alot, who has shown me how to love unconditionally those who hate me. ;)
-Perks, because jeeez....she's my hero with her ability to speak her mind.
-Carole, she's such a lovely person, I want to be like here when I grow up.
-Jenna, for paving the way for us freelancers. :)

-And every other member of this board even when they act up because even in that I learn something from them.

Had enough? ;)

ETA: OH and how can I leave out Joe270, dclary and it wouldn't be complete without mentioning haskins.

See this is what I hate about naming names, my head hurts now and I'm quite sure there's far more people deserving acknowledgment. I also want to say that I am grateful to my Sunday Night FF Challenge buddies....rock on!

Last edited:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I'm not seeing my name anywhere, save the two (and now three) posts I've made that are somewhat off-topic...

*flounce*

Status
Not open for further replies.