DreamGear wii charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
With my kids home this summer they were burning through batteries having to put new batteries in the wii hand held portion every 1-2 days. (They go in the rectangular thing with buttons instead of the roundish thing with a little thumb joystick. I don't know if it's the nunchuk or baton or stick. My sons get very upset when I use the wrong term, anyway..)

My wife got them this DreamGear wii charger with the idea of saving on batteries. It's supposed to charge the things without plugging in cables. You just set the things on top of the device. It worked maybe twice and now all it was doing was making the things hot and strangely, the smoke alarm went off twice in the last 24 hrs for a few seconds despite nobody able to smell any smoke and doing nothing to the smoke detectors, they turned off on their own.

Is there a recall on these things that I've not been able to find? Needless to say, we've disconnected the device.

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Smoke alarms or Carbon Monoxide detectors?

Oh, I forgot about checking that one

creepy. I don't want one.

Maybe I'll give one to my sister's kids for Christmas.

lol

Smoke alarms or Carbon Monoxide detectors?

Huh, I checked it. The sound of the alarm would match the weird variant and distant sound of the alarm. We're actually used to hearing the smoke alarm. That's how we know when my wife is done cooking and all the smoke detectors are hard wired together so the whole house blares whereas this sounded distant. When I checked the peak levels on the CO however, it read normal. I told my son not to sleep in the basement anymore until this is sorted out. Is there anything besides CO that would set off a CO detector?

Last edited:

GeorgeK

ever seeking
Registered
Reaction score
Directions on the monitor said to call the gas company. They came out, did measurements and said the 2 problems were a coincident of timing, bad wii recharger and an aging CO monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.