Wicca center stage

ymmatrysk

Registered
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I've just jumped in to my second attempt at a novel (the first is languishing on a few agents' desks, rejected so many times I've decided to start the next one...) and this one has become, so far, quite a lot about Wicca and Paganism. The general theme is about a young woman seeking a personal relationship with her spirituality, and at this point Wicca is making sense to her. I myself have been practicing many elements of Paganism for about fifteen years, that I suppose are called Wicca if they're grouped together, but I'm solitary and sporatic in my practice (lazy witch?). Anyway, my question is, has this been done before, a novel where Wicca is part of the main character's make up? As I'm writing this novel its feeling like a grown-up 'Are You There God, Its Me Margaret', one of my favorite books from back in the day. I don't know if the character is going to stop at Wicca, or continue seeking, or start blending her Judaism along with her Paganism, or what. But the words are coming, so at least it feels like a solid project. I have no idea if there will be a market at the other end of this, but I'm trying to stay calm and write the bloody thing first. Has anyone ready a novel where a main character was about Wiccan, does anyone have any thoughts about a novel like this?
Thanks!
Jen

KimJo

Outside the box, with the werewolves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
karennacolcroft.com
There's a YA mystery series by Laurie Faria Stolarz, published by Llewellyn, in which the main character is Wiccan. I don't know the name of the series; the first book is Blue is for Nightmares.

PattiTheWicked

Unleashing Hell.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pattiwigington.com
There's a series of books about a Wiccan detective named Rowan Gant. The author's name escapes me, but I've seen him interviewed in a couple of magazines. He seems to make it work.