PDA

View Full Version : Hi Jennifer

CarolThacker
06-24-2009, 10:15 PM
I have written a children's book ages 6 -106 called Foodiefun with Mittsy and I am needing an angel investor to get it printed. I have not snagged a traditional publisher to print it yet. Do you know anything about this? I have lots of people interested and I need to get it printed so I can sell them at my workshops and cooking classes as well as Whole Foods and many other places.
I am at a place where I need some advice. Any ideas?
Thanks and welcome to the COOLER!
Carol Thacker
Foodiefun.net (http://foodiefun.net)

Cyia
06-24-2009, 10:24 PM
If you're addressing Jennifer Laughran, you need to post your question in her thread.

And 106 years old isn't in the age range for children. I know you think that makes it sound like you have a book for all ages, but it doesn't. It makes it sound like you have book that you don't know how to categorize.

(btw - I noticed the "TM" tags on your site, do you actually have a trademark registered on your character or just the title of the book? They're not the same thing, and IIRC not interchangeable.)

ETA: I googled "Foodie fun" as both one and two words. It's in wide use by multiple people for an array of things, from business names to blog titles, to special dinner announcements from philanthropic organizations....

suki
06-24-2009, 11:10 PM
I have written a children's book ages 6 -106 called Foodiefun with Mittsy and I am needing an angel investor to get it printed. I have not snagged a traditional publisher to print it yet. Do you know anything about this? I have lots of people interested and I need to get it printed so I can sell them at my workshops and cooking classes as well as Whole Foods and many other places.
I am at a place where I need some advice. Any ideas?
Thanks and welcome to the COOLER!
Carol Thacker
Foodiefun.net (http://foodiefun.net)

I asume from "angel investor" you mean you are looking for a publisher for your book, and that you want help finding a publisher, you have a couple choices: (1) self-publish - there's a self-publishing forum on AW with tons of info; (2) submit directly to publishers who accept un-agented submissions - but you will have to research what publishers accept your genre and unagented manuscripts; or (3) find an agent to represent your book. (1) and (2) you will have to research, whether here or elsewhere.

But if you are looking for a literary agent, may I suggest researching agents who rep books in your genre - not sure from your post what that is - in the Beware and Background forum, and on agentquery and querytracker and similar sites.

Only you can do the research to know what agent might be a good fit for you, and then you should follow their submission quidelines to the letter.

good luck.

~suki